Tea Baggers

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
TheTodd

Tea Baggers

Post by TheTodd »

“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Tea Baggers

Post by radbag »

people are sure to 'WHIG' out that day.
MinGator

Tea Baggers

Post by MinGator »

saw signs for the tea party locally today.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

Rachel nails it as usual.

This is a pathetic exercise in mental masturbation and a lame cry for attention from the politically and ideologically bankrupt and leaderless Republican Party. This will amount to nothing and be forgotten by the time the next celebrity scandal comes out. So the tea baggers should enjoy their mutual circle jerk, and will unknowlingly provide provide much humor for the rest of us by allowing us to talk about tea bagging. Of course, I am also laughing at them and their pathetic state of irrelevance.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

And you know that the teabag movement was started by the republicans exactly how again, oh omnipotent one? I know for a fact that one blogger I follow (who voted for Obama) has been talking about a new tea party and mailing teabags to influential people for several years now.

I love how the only thing that you comment on these days is the sad state of the republican party. Look in the mirror at your own inept leadership and answer some tough questions. Sheesh.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

Conservatives own the Republican Party, or weren't you aware of that? You said in TSIFU that you would admit when you didn't know something.

And last I checked, Democratic Party leadership looks pretty good, especially given Obama's great poll numbers as compared to the pathetic state of Republican poll numbers. And no amount of whining and bitching by you can change it.

And given the fact that Republican have offered no solutions or ideas for this country, and are relying on stunts like this instead of formulating actual policy, that to me defines their sorry state. That and the fact that their supposed party Chairman is rebuffed at speaking at one of these stunts, while Diaper Dave Vitter is the spokesman for tea bagging - truly hilarious.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

Conservatives own the Republican Party, or weren't you aware of that? You said in TSIFU that you would admit when you didn't know something.
Neo-conservatives own the Republican Party at the moment, just like the neo-liberals (very closely related to the transnational progressives) control the Democratic Party. Certainly, though, conservatives at least belong, in large part, to the Republican Party. I'm just saying I don't think they actually run it at this point. And I think it was the conservatives who came up with the idea for the tea parties and ran with it, kinda like you think it was the evil Republicans. Neither of us know. I'm just saying man.
And last I checked, Democratic Party leadership looks pretty good, especially given Obama's great poll numbers as compared to the pathetic state of Republican poll numbers. And no amount of whining and bitching by you can change it.
I really don't understand how you can simply rely on poll numbers to tell you that Obama's policies are somehow the right policies. My whining and bitching is backed up by very smart people (much smarter than me) who give detailed and lengthy arguments for their positions, if you ever took the time to consider the remote possibility that you might be wrong about something. You're blind, man, and that's unfortunate because you've imposed it upon yourself. I guess I can see how the truth is too scary to look for, but still it always amazes me when people choose to not consider anything else. Of course, all I do is question things so one can obviously say I go too far the other way O0 but still, it's like talking to a brick wall.
And given the fact that Republican have offered no solutions or ideas for this country, and are relying on stunts like this instead of formulating actual policy, that to me defines their sorry state. That and the fact that their supposed party Chairman is rebuffed at speaking at one of these stunts, while Diaper Dave Vitter is the spokesman for tea bagging - truly hilarious.
Again, I don't give two shits about how fucked up the Republicans are. The Democrats are running the show and they are fucking it UP. Your boy Obama and his bought and paid for suits (aka Summers and Geithner) are going to run this bitch aground regardless of what the Republicans offer up as a fucking solution. So don't give me that line about the Republicans doing nothing because they are the MINORITY. It's their job to be mostly powerless. YOUR BOYS HAVE THE REIGNS. Why are they taking us off course?

That's all I want to know. Are they dumb? Misguided? Bribed? Is it just regulatory capture that's grown into our version of some mythical belief system whereby we MUST TRUST THE BANKERS? As if they control the goddamned rain or something?

I want it justified. And I want it justified now. Why have we been held hostage and the robbers are not being punished? Why are we carrying our own money to their getaway car?

I welcome being wrong. Please explain to me how I am wrong. It's only when I'm wrong that I can learn something truly new.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

:D Me whining and bitching. That really cracked me up man.

Read it and weep...my whining and bitching has gone ESTABLISHMENT, as in Forbes:
Bailouts are an offense to our political culture. We elect politicians to do things that we favor and stop things we don't. But--hola!--this crisis has exposed the political class as totally impotent, complicit or, worse, in the pocket of Wall Street. Sen. Chris Dodd's mutually rewarding relationship with AIG ( AIG - news - people ) is only one small example.

And so there's a lot of political sputtering going on from elected officials while the non-elected whisk away the money. Right this minute, the agencies of the political system--the Fed, FDIC, Treasury and others--are forking over the national treasure at a furious pace.

Transparency? Fuggedaboutit. I dare you to hit the Treasury's Web site and pierce the veil over the Public-Private Investment Program.

Accountability? Not so far. And especially not during congressional hearings, which consist of more political sputter and agency cant.
Justice, the judicial kind, has been a no-show. The whole point of being a nation of law is that the law, in its abstract but relentless way, will punish. But few are getting punished. In fact, some of same miscreants who dumped us into this crisis will make tons of money from the cleanup.
http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/09/bailout-government-spending-justice-opinions-columnists-populism.html

So go ahead, call it bitching and whining. But please do note the bio of the author of the article: "Susan Lee has written several books on economics, including a college text. She is an economics commentator for NPR's "Marketplace" and writes a weekly column for Forbes."

And then READ and THINK ABOUT (an exhausting combo, I know) what she's saying and maybe you will finally see some truth.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

And from Mike Whitney at Counter Punch, on the PPIP specifically, taken from an article about the broad problems in the economy which we're wasting time and money ineffectively trying to solve:
It's a multi-billion dollar shell game with myriad opportunities for fraud. In theory, the banks could create their own off-balance sheet operations (SIVs or SPEs) and use them to purchase their own bad assets taking advantage of the government's 94 percent low interest non recourse loans. It's a swindle and another windfall for Wall Street.

Geithner's plan does not fix the problems with the banks, it only delays the final outcome. The next leg-down in the recession will push many of the undercapitalized banks into receivership. Geithner's PPIP won't change that. As housing prices fall and foreclosures rise, the capital position of many of the banks will become untenable leading to a rash of bank failures.
http://www.counterpunch.org/whitney04092009.html

Go read the whole article and tell me why we think it's a good idea to forfeit any future security for the hope of a soft landing that we don't have the capacity to engineer. Go read it and tell me how we have the ability to solve a crisis that is too big to fail, which really means it's too big to survive. Because, you see, it's bigger than anything we can handle.

We're throwing good money after bad. And it needs to stop. I don't understand why that's so difficult to understand when you look at reality.
radbag

Tea Baggers

Post by radbag »

wes - when are you going to get it? it's a stock answer he gives to everyone/everything that's discussed no matter who is asking, no matter what is being discussed...usually statements and not even answers really.

it's rehearsed, recycled, stock answers for everything...rush is your leader, blah-blah-blah, bush can't speak english, blah-blah-blah, john stewart hit's it on the head, blah-blah-blah, polls are awesome, blah-blah-blah....don't you get it by now?
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

And they happen to be the correct answers Manny. Just like AA's "everything Obama does is wrong" daily bitching, I will make my comments where necessary.

I call them as I see them. And the truth of the matter is that neither your nor AA can dispute it.

Until you can tell me who exactly the leader of the Republican Party is and what they stand for, my comments hold. Its OK to disagree and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But you are not entitled to you own facts. Currently, the Republicans do the bidding of Rush, as emphasized by their grovelling apologies to him, and stand for nothing except opposing everything Obama wants. They recently offered up a budget THAT HAD NO NUMBERS IN IT! Just vague pictures and recycling of bullshit ideas like cutting taxes for the wealthy.

And as far as Jon Stewart and Colbert go, I am surprised that as someone with a good sense of humor, you don't appreciate satire. It just so happens that their satire skewers bullshit.

Oh and AA, don't even lecture me on reading and thinking. I'll put my ideas and philosophies against yours anytime. And as far as my comments go on polls, my ideas and statements like "Obama and his policies are very popular" are backed up by the support of the American people, which is measured by polls. And like it or not, that is how policies are measured in this country by members of voth parties. Which is exactly why this tea bagging circle jerk will go nowhere, because while people are mad about the bailouts, they are not talking about full scale revolutions. Fox "News" and the Republicans are though - and they will relegate themselves into more irrelevance by doing so. And I will continue to laugh at their stupidity.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

And they happen to be the correct answers Manny. Just like AA's "everything Obama does is wrong" daily bitching, I will make my comments where necessary.

I call them as I see them. And the truth of the matter is that neither your nor AA can dispute it.

Until you can tell me who exactly the leader of the Republican Party is and what they stand for, my comments hold. Its OK to disagree and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But you are not entitled to you own facts. Currently, the Republicans do the bidding of Rush, as emphasized by their grovelling apologies to him, and stand for nothing except opposing everything Obama wants. They recently offered up a budget THAT HAD NO NUMBERS IN IT! Just vague pictures and recycling of bullshit ideas like cutting taxes for the wealthy.
Again, I don't give two shits about the Republicans; you can say whatever you like about them.
And as far as my comments go on polls, my ideas and statements like "Obama and his policies are very popular" are backed up by the support of the American people, which is measured by polls. And like it or not, that is how policies are measured in this country by members of voth parties.
So all you care about, as an American citizen, is that the policies of your leaders are supported by the majority of citizens? You don't care if the policies are objectively good or bad? Or illegal?

Why does it matter if a majority of citizens support a policy? We are no democracy, especially not at the federal level. We are a constitutional republic that has given birth to a vague oligarchy. We are supposed to elect leaders that are smart enough to handle this shit properly for us. And our leaders are corrupt.

But you don't care about that because those corrupt leaders 1) happen to be supported by slightly more idiots than their counterparts, and 2) don't seem as dumb as their counterparts. Don't you see the fallacy in that? Leaders, even if they enjoy broad support, must be held accountable by the citizens. It is your job to hold their feet to the fire. That's the real part of being an active citizen, IMO. Maybe if we had enough people like me who whined and bitched a little more over the past 20 years, maybe we wouldn't be in this fucking mess. Maybe if we had enough people like me right now, we wouldn't be making it worse every fucking day.

But no, my whining and bitching is just a distraction from the greatness that is President Obama, right? It's like you're upset that I'm being a buzzkill. LOL. Why can't you ask serious questions about your revered leader? Or, rather, why won't you?
radbag

Tea Baggers

Post by radbag »

why do i need to provide you a leader of the republican party in order to qualify my opinions on how you 'stock' answer everything?

you're so 'stock' in your replies in that you have no idea that AA is neither pro-dem or pro-pub.
Tipmoose

Tea Baggers

Post by Tipmoose »

Its all the same thing, rad, when you view the political process as a zero sum game. (as I tend to do too)

The difference between opposing Obama and supporting conservatives/republicans/etc is unimportant. The two are, for all intents and purposes the same in the end. When the left loses, the right wins, and vice versa.

Except of course, when we all lose, which we're doing right now...
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
G8rMom7

Tea Baggers

Post by G8rMom7 »

All I can say in this thread, that I wouldn't count "public opinion" as any sort of measuring stick...people are for the most part clueless about all this stuff...as long as they have a job, are able to take their kids to see the new Disney On Ice show and that French guy shows his chest on Dancing With Stars, then Obama is doing a great job!!!

I know, because I am one of those peeps...only I have you lovely folks in the BA to keep me a little more "in the know" (and that includes you slider!) than most peeps.
Okay, let's try this!

slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

Again, I don't give two shits about the Republicans; you can say whatever you like about them.
And as far as my comments go on polls, my ideas and statements like "Obama and his policies are very popular" are backed up by the support of the American people, which is measured by polls. And like it or not, that is how policies are measured in this country by members of voth parties.
So all you care about, as an American citizen, is that the policies of your leaders are supported by the majority of citizens? You don't care if the policies are objectively good or bad? Or illegal?

Why does it matter if a majority of citizens support a policy? We are no democracy, especially not at the federal level. We are a constitutional republic that has given birth to a vague oligarchy. We are supposed to elect leaders that are smart enough to handle this shit properly for us. And our leaders are corrupt.

But you don't care about that because those corrupt leaders 1) happen to be supported by slightly more idiots than their counterparts, and 2) don't seem as dumb as their counterparts. Don't you see the fallacy in that? Leaders, even if they enjoy broad support, must be held accountable by the citizens. It is your job to hold their feet to the fire. That's the real part of being an active citizen, IMO. Maybe if we had enough people like me who whined and bitched a little more over the past 20 years, maybe we wouldn't be in this fucking mess. Maybe if we had enough people like me right now, we wouldn't be making it worse every fucking day.

But no, my whining and bitching is just a distraction from the greatness that is President Obama, right? It's like you're upset that I'm being a buzzkill. LOL. Why can't you ask serious questions about your revered leader? Or, rather, why won't you?

I don't give two shits about what you are bitching about. You just seem to be bitching for the sake of bitching now. And anyway, you have said that this country is fucked regardless of what happens. So why do you give a shit about anything anyway if you think this country is fucked? And why do you give a shit about my opinions about Republicans anyway? I think you are just arguing with me for the sake of arguing and just taking the opposite point of view with me.
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

why do i need to provide you a leader of the republican party in order to qualify my opinions on how you 'stock' answer everything?

you're so 'stock' in your replies in that you have no idea that AA is neither pro-dem or pro-pub.

I am well aware of AA's situation, and every opinion I have expressed here is my own, thank you very much. Both my parents were in politics and I do follow it quite closely, as I have for most of my life. Currently, I read several blogs and other news sources every day. I am capable of forming my own opinions. And I have expressed them here when the opportunity presented itself.

I want you to note though, that I have not posted everything that I could have posted for the sake of this place not becoming a toxic cesspool of stupidity like Too Hot is.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

I don't give two shits about what you are bitching about. You just seem to be bitching for the sake of bitching now. And anyway, you have said that this country is fucked regardless of what happens. So why do you give a shit about anything anyway if you think this country is fucked? And why do you give a shit about my opinions about Republicans anyway? I think you are just arguing with me for the sake of arguing and just taking the opposite point of view with me.
Werd. I suspected as much. I can assure you that I do not enjoy being one of the small group of sane people left. I bitch because I have firm beliefs that foundational aspects of our society (little things like the rule of law) are being surreptitiously ignored when politically expedient. It's reality and it's gone on far too long. We're approaching a point of no return, yes. But I do not believe we have lost all ability to mitigate our circumstance. We can no longer make long term sacrifices for short term (and often illusory) gains.

Obama's plan centers around maintaining the status quo long enough to convince everyone to re-elect him. That, IMO, is absurdly shallow given our current pressing predicament. We need a real fix. Not another politician playing with fire funded by our dollars while trying to entertain folks enough to get them to pull a lever for him.

I do appreciate you not ever taking discussions past joking denigration. I'm certainly passionate about my views and at times I am exceedingly frustrated by what I perceive to be your inability to answer serious questions directly. How's that for diplomatic? :police:

Anyway. Just want you to know that I agree that it's good we don't post EVERYthing we possibly could. You would hate me in about 3 days if I posted everything I read LOL. It's good to know we can be at least reasonably respectful about shit...even if we do manage to get all huffy at times.
bluegrassg8r

Tea Baggers

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I disagree with Slider because, so far, every single one of his views is anathema to what I want for my family and nation. Arguing, to me, is tiresome, but until a collectivist writes something I agree with, I'll disagree, vote against them, and refuse to patronize their products and people.
Star Kings Forever!
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

Werd. I suspected as much. I can assure you that I do not enjoy being one of the small group of sane people left. I bitch because I have firm beliefs that foundational aspects of our society (little things like the rule of law) are being surreptitiously ignored when politically expedient. It's reality and it's gone on far too long. We're approaching a point of no return, yes. But I do not believe we have lost all ability to mitigate our circumstance. We can no longer make long term sacrifices for short term (and often illusory) gains.

Obama's plan centers around maintaining the status quo long enough to convince everyone to re-elect him. That, IMO, is absurdly shallow given our current pressing predicament. We need a real fix. Not another politician playing with fire funded by our dollars while trying to entertain folks enough to get them to pull a lever for him.

I do appreciate you not ever taking discussions past joking denigration. I'm certainly passionate about my views and at times I am exceedingly frustrated by what I perceive to be your inability to answer serious questions directly. How's that for diplomatic? :police:

Anyway. Just want you to know that I agree that it's good we don't post EVERYthing we possibly could. You would hate me in about 3 days if I posted everything I read LOL. It's good to know we can be at least reasonably respectful about shit...even if we do manage to get all huffy at times.
Fair enough man. But I disagree with you about Obama and the status quo. He has already shaken up the status quo and will continue to do so, especially with health care.
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

I disagree with Slider because, so far, every single one of his views is anathema to what I want for my family and nation. Arguing, to me, is tiresome, but until a collectivist writes something I agree with, I'll disagree, vote against them, and refuse to patronize their products and people.
And that is your right. Just like it is my right to not patronize Wal Mart or buy Exxon gas (which I haven't done since Valdez). However, I am curious as to why you think my views are anathema to you. You make it sound like I am some kind of boogeyman out to destroy you.

One thing I do agree with is that arguing is tiresome. In some ways, I am kind of glad that I am not on GC anymore as some of those guys over there are major league assholes.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

Fair enough man. But I disagree with you about Obama and the status quo. He has already shaken up the status quo and will continue to do so, especially with health care.
He has done nothing to shake up the status quo with the banks.
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

How do you figure that?
slideman67

Tea Baggers

Post by slideman67 »

By the way, on a related note to this tea bagging stupidty - Fox "News" is claiming that they will cover this event just like the covered the Million Man March in 1995. Slight problem - Fox "News" did exist until 1996.

How anybody can take anything said on this RNC propaganda channel seriously is beyond me.
annarborgator

Tea Baggers

Post by annarborgator »

How do you figure that?
Mainly because his administration is made up of insiders whose plans protect the big boys (name Goldman Sachs, among others) at the expense of the taxpayer.