A friendly challenge for the left-leaning BA-ers.

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

This idea hit me while I was enjoying the peace and quiet of the lavatory, only to discover decidedly subpar reading materials.

The challenge is simple:

At least twice per month, though preferably once per week, I will post something I *like* that The Big O, or his administration, has done or said. You will post something you DON'T like that The Big O, or his administration, has done or said.

In the spirit of the challenge, lets see if we can make the items we choose substantial. In other words, I will avoid saying something like "I like the fact that Michelle wore blue to xyz affair, and Obama was successful in walking and chewing gum at the same time." Likewise, it would be appreciated if you would focus on the Obama administration and not Bush, Reagan, Clinton, or Rush Limbaugh, and avoid saying something like "I don't like that Obama and Barney Frank haven't bent Rush Limbaugh over and tag teamed him on the Howard Stearn show....like Colbert and Stewart suggested last night..."

Here, I will go first:

I like the fact that Obama has not personally mentioned the Somali pirates publicly. To do so would be to legitimize them and give them more influence than they deserve.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

No takers yet? Ok, I will continue:

I like the fact that Da Big O twice gave the go-ahead to use force against the pirates. (This is a very separate issue from why in the world it required approval at THAT level for such an action...)
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I like that Obama FINALLY kept his promise to his children and got them a dog.

Now I have to change the forum title.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I didn't hear that...what kind did he get?
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

^^ A Portuguese water dog.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Seriously? Those are kind ugly aren't they? I'm Portuguese so I can say that. Oh well...I hope the girls enjoy it!
Okay, let's try this!

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Never mind...I just looked them up. That isn't the dog I thought it was. They are kinda cute as long as you don't groom them to look like show dogs...I'm not big on all that stuff...a dog should look like a dog.
Okay, let's try this!

bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I agree with Tip's view about legitimizing the Somalis. They aren't an organized entity and to recognize them will strengthen them within their tribal worldframe.
Star Kings Forever!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I changed the forum description. And added the slideman as a moderator, seein' as how he's the most vocal supporter of the current regime.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

yeah, had to lose the comment about the dog, eh?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I changed the forum description. And added the slideman as a moderator, seein' as how he's the most vocal supporter of the current regime.
Cool, thanks! I wondered what happened - I accidently hit Modify instead of Quote on one of AA's post and I found myself writing in his thread. Sorry about that AA.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

No worries bro O0
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Helping Tip out with something I approve of in a big way that it sounds like Obama is *hopefully* going to get done:
May 13 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Treasury will tell banks to increase transparency in the over-the-counter derivatives market by making prices available on centralized computer platforms, according to people familiar with the plan.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner may announce the decision as soon as today, said the people, who declined to be identified because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601009&sid=a1Yy1SLxmCwo

This should have been done about 10 years ago. Better late than never.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1182228/Barack-Obama-does-U-turn-Guantanamo-Bay-terror-trials.html

This is something I can completely support the president on. Yay, Barry!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^You're talking about the bottom article where he waves to his little girl after getting off the helicopter right? LOL...I'm just kidding. I think he's just making sure to keep his political position strong...no leader either Dem or Pub has ever suffered by getting the ACLU miffed at them.
Okay, let's try this!