Season record this year: 6-6 or 4-8?

Fuckbeans.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Anyone care to hazard a guess?
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

I say we finish the season at a very Zookian 7-5 and absolutely truck somebody in the Summer's Eve Bowl.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Well, lessee. I think Georgia is still crappy enough that we'll beat 'em, and we'll have 2 weeks to lick our wounds.

South Carolina could be problematic. And I fear our winning streak against F$U will come to an end.

Throw in victories against cupcakes Vandy and App. State, and there's your 7-5 in the regular season.

Of course, we could always luck out and win against South Carolina. That'd give us an extra game to lose in Atlanta, making us 8-5 before bowl selections.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

You know what is sad? We could still win the East, even with 3 losses, if we beat SC.

The way we are playing now, I think we lose to SC and we will definitely lose to F$U. For UF-UGA, whichever teams sucks less will win, but we could lose that one too. And keep in mind it wasn't too long ago that Vandy played us to overtime. They always play us tough at home.

I am not trying to pile on and be negative. I just think that it is possible that we will not be bowl eligible this year.

I thought the LSU game sucked. This one sucked worse.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

5-7
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I'm goin with 6-6.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Well, lessee. I think Georgia is still crappy enough that we'll beat 'em, and we'll have 2 weeks to lick our wounds.

South Carolina could be problematic. And I fear our winning streak against F$U will come to an end.

Throw in victories against cupcakes Vandy and App. State, and there's your 7-5 in the regular season.

Of course, we could always luck out and win against South Carolina. That'd give us an extra game to lose in Atlanta, making us 8-5 before bowl selections.
I think the situation's reversed. I think we'll run SC pretty easily, but lose big to Georgia. We'll see.

I think FSU is getting a lot of play because they ripped a very rippable Miami team (what was the name of that Heisman hopeful? Jacory Harris? Remember him?). They have stepped to the top of the ACC, but I think we'll have it together and we'll beat them in November.
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

6-6
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

8-4, and it pisses me off to say it because they don't deserve to be 8-4.
Star Kings Forever!
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I seriously don't see us turning this around this season.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

im not EVER giving us lay up chances against cupcakes....not the way this team is playing.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Geez...you guys sure do give up hope pretty quickly. Talk about throwing in the towel...I hope our team hasn't given up the way you guys have. I have no idea how we'll end this season, but I'm not ready to just give up on this team and this coach just yet. But then again, I lived through being a fan in the 80's, so maybe it's just my perspective.
Okay, let's try this!

Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Geez...you guys sure do give up hope pretty quickly. Talk about throwing in the towel...I hope our team hasn't given up the way you guys have. I have no idea how we'll end this season, but I'm not ready to just give up on this team and this coach just yet. But then again, I lived through being a fan in the 80's, so maybe it's just my perspective.

There is a clear and distinct difference between attempting to make a realistic assessment and giving up.

"Giving up" might also mean: not listening, not watching, not cheering, not wearing the orange and blue. Feeling pained and pessimistic about 4-3 and an underachieving offense is different from any of those.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

This quickly? I think seven games to show improvement and it hasn't happened is not too quickly for this year. About the only thing that the staff has "fixed" this year is the bad snaps and even that isn't "fixed" 100%.
UGA? Who knows at this point. Will we see the vs. Kentucky Gators or the every other game this season Gators.
USCe? Their D is pretty decent but that is a game that could go either way.
Vandy? This is one I think we win.
FSU? Ponder finds a way to choke against us. I can only hope it is the same this year, otherwise the streak is over.

IMO, right now SA should focus on the O-line and only the O-line. Gameday I think we could let a monkey pick plays and if we block them well enough we'll win. I'm leaning to 7-5 but we could just as quickly be worse. I hope BG is right though.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

There is a clear and distinct difference between attempting to make a realistic assessment and giving up.

"Giving up" might also mean: not listening, not watching, not cheering, not wearing the orange and blue. Feeling pained and pessimistic about 4-3 and an underachieving offense is different from any of those.

I guess I should clarify...not so much the wins/losses (although I still think you need to hold a little bit of hope that Meyer will make some necessary changes) but mostly directed at AA, who thinks Meyer needs to retire or get fired. I just think that is a knee-jerk and makes Gator fans fall into the typecasting that we usually get...as a bunch of whining fans who will throw their coaches and players under a bus at the first sniff of a lossing season. I just think it's unrealistic to expect perfection every single year. Times get tough and you gotta role with it. Not that you should just sit back waiting for unicorns and rainbows, but just balance out the hostility a bit I guess.
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

We expected probably two losses this year. This team looks poorly coached and unprepared. No in-game adjustments were made on either side of the ball last Saturday. This team is regressing from what started off as an already poor looking team. Changes need to be made IMO. SA needs to concentrate on the OL only. If Urban doesn't see that because he is being stubborn then some more losses will turn the heat up on his seat. Does that mean get rid of him right now? No, but he needs to start acting like a head coach soon or it will mean that.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

I guess I should clarify...not so much the wins/losses (although I still think you need to hold a little bit of hope that Meyer will make some necessary changes) but mostly directed at AA, who thinks Meyer needs to retire or get fired. I just think that is a knee-jerk and makes Gator fans fall into the typecasting that we usually get...as a bunch of whining fans who will throw their coaches and players under a bus at the first sniff of a lossing season. I just think it's unrealistic to expect perfection every single year. Times get tough and you gotta role with it. Not that you should just sit back waiting for unicorns and rainbows, but just balance out the hostility a bit I guess.

In another thread I said: playing a 1 v 2 game in Atlanta and expecting to win it is not yet ancient history. Finishing #3 in the nation last year is not yet ancient history.

That said, the failure of coaching has been remarkable this year, and this is Meyer's to account for.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I agree with Toothy. It truly looks like these guys have forgotten how to play football. I mean come on - to score only 7 points on your home field? That is football at other schools, not UF. The only thing that they did that I was pleased with on Saturday was that at least they tried to throw the football, instead of always running that stupid up the middle play. SA needs to focus on the line, period.

I hate to say this, because I am not jumping on the Fire UM bandwagon now, but in watching his show, it looks like he has lost the fire in his belly. He has to see that changes need to be made. When SA is talking about how everything is fine, that looks stupid and is infuriating! Whatever drawing board they are using, they need to blow it up and start with another one. And that is Urban's responsibility. He is not drawing the salary he is drawing to put up 7-5 numbers. Like it or not, this is a business and as with any business, they have to produce.

That being said, I think that we are sane compared to the idiots at Swamp Gas. Too bad I am banned. Can someone post the most hilarious comments over here?
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

the idiots at Swamp Gas.

In a nutshell.

Those guys were so hysterically outraged during the Zook era that I became a Zook defender. I dislike idiocy.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

For the record I've never advocated firing Urban. That's why the potential website I mentioned was a campaign to convince him to retire. He's earned enough credibility to put us through one full sub-par season before turning the heat up on firing him the following season if he can't right the ship and things continue to devolve. But that doesn't mean that would be the optimal thing for him or the team in that scenario.

He really does look like his attitude has changed, IMO. If it has really changed that much (no way for me or any outsider to know for sure), and his fire isn't quite at the level it has been, then I could see it being better for everyone if the head coaching reins were in someone else's hands. That said, even in that scenario I would want him around the program in some capacity.And if his fire is gone, I hope he has the self-awareness to realize that and not hurt the program by trying to do a job in which he isn't fully invested. To be clear I'm not saying he's not fully invested...I'm saying IF he's not I hope he has the ability to realize that about himself.

For now I'm fully willing to accept the fact that our players simply aren't up to snuff to live up to our standards. I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus. I'm trying to be rational about what I see on the field. I see a coach who looks and acts rather differently than before he retired and unretired....and I see a team filled with players that are not up to our standards.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

There's a thread over on Swamp Gas espousing the theory that Addazio has been the man behind the curtain ever since Meyer un-resigned. Meyer is only a figurehead, kept on board so our recruiting class wouldn't depart for greener pastures, and in fact, Adazzio is the head coach until some later time when we find someone to replace Meyer.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/edu/2012224139.html

I saw that one Doc. Something about Meyer only came back for a year so we could test drive Addazio and have some stability in the program.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

the idiots at Swamp Gas.

In a nutshell.

Those guys were so hysterically outraged during the Zook era that I became a Zook defender. I dislike idiocy.

Maybe you should go over there and defend SA? If you do, please post the comments here. It would be funny to see their reactions. Go Forth and Stir Up Shit!
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

I'm too old, I think.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

No you're not. Go for it!