How many foreclosures have been fraudulent?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

All of them?? Check out this video, about 8:20 into it...two foreclosure defense attorneys...both saying they have NEVER seen a foreclosure case with a full chain of assignments with the ACTUAL paperwork.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... ></script>

I simply cannot believe how rampant fraud has been in this fucking country. And the fucking system is built to encourage it and sustain it and incentivize it.

This is how shit collapses, folks.
I don't know.

Multiple people have told me this before.

Catherine Austin Fitts has talked about this for a long time. I get "whispers" all the time from people who I know actually are involved in securitization work related to this on occasion - and have for the last three years. We have the story from this morning from FDN talking about their software that has uncovered multiple sales of the same instruments.

But this..... if this is true it's not just systemic, it's not just common, it was the premise and basis of the entire securitization game - and "game" is the correct word for it, as the allegation made here is that the entire thing was a gigantic scam.
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=169779

From the Living Lies foreclosure blog by lawyer Neil Garfield:
The documents were not sloppy and they were not processed sloppily. They were created and treated exactly as planned. They did it because they thought they could get away with it. They had enough money to buy off any legislator or Judge, or so they thought. But it isn’t working out that way. It’s not the first time these mega-banks have stepped on a land mine and it won’t be the last, as long as we allow them to grow into such behemoths such that that ascribe to themselves the qualities of government or God.

The game was to move money under a scheme of deceit and fraud. First sell the bonds and collect the money into a pool. Second take your fees, third take what’s left and get it committed into “loans” (which were in actuality securities) sold to homeowners under the same false pretenses as the bonds were sold to investors. By controlling the flow of funds and documentation, the middlemen were able to sell, pledge and otherwise trade off the flow of receivables several times over — a necessary complexity not only for the profit it generated, but to make it far more difficult for anyone to track the footprints in the sand.

If the loans had actually been securitized, the issue would not arise. They were not securitized. This was a mass illusion or hallucination induced by Wall Street spiking the punch bowl. The gap (second tier yield spread premium) created between the amount of money funded by investors and the amount of money actually deployed into “loans” was so large that it could not be justified as fees. It was profit on sale from the aggregator to the “trust” (special purpose vehicle). It was undisclosed, deceitful and fraudulent.
{. . .}
So the reason why the paperwork is all out of order is that there was no paperwork. There only entries on databases and spreadsheets. The loans were not in actuality assigned to any one particular trust or any one particular bond or any one particular individual or group of investors. They were “allocated” as receivables multiple times to multiple parties usually to an extent in excess of the nominal receivable itself. This is why the servicers keep paying on loans that are being declared in default. The essential component of every loan that was never revealed to either the lenders (investors) nor the borrowers (homeowner/investors) was the addition of co-obligors and terms that neither the investor nor the borrower knew anything about. The “insurance” and other enhancements were actually cover for the intermediaries who had no money at risk in the loans, but for the potential liability for defrauding the lenders and borrowers.
http://livinglies.wordpress.com/2010/10/19/why-the-paperwork-appears-sloppy/

God bless Amerika!
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I think it's a combination of the two. First, you're spot-on about the trading and assignment of these mortgages. They set up a whole system, the purpose of which was to be able to trade these things without paper. The problem is that documentation is absolutely vital to figuring out who owns the assets.

Second, yes, the banks are astoundingly sloppy when it comes to keeping track of these things, even when the paperwork exists. I read an article a while back about a new attorney who was trying to help a family avoid foreclosure and the shit he had to go through just to get the bank to talk to him was a nightmare. I may have posted the article here, I don't remember.

As an aside, I wouldn't trust a foreclosure defense attorney further than I could spit him. Those guys are generally pretty slimy. But in this case, those blind pigs happened to find an acorn.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Hell, I wouldn't normally trust any attorney as my primary source for something like this (they're necessarily biased toward their clients' positions), but one of the lawyers in the pbs video I tried to imbed is the mom of one of my friends and she's definitely on the up and up.

Plus, this claim should be pretty easy to debunk if people can come forward with actual paperwork that shows the full chain of assignments prior to foreclosure. Denninger at the Market Ticker (from one of my links above) has a challenge going right now to see if anyone can send him such paperwork that shows actual wet-ink signatures for proof of the chain of assignments. We'll see what he comes up with.

This whole situation just astounds me. A few years back, when the FBI warned about rampant mortgage fraud, I never could have guessed that this would be the kind of fraud that would come out.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.