Don't Vote!

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Don't Vote!

Post by radbag »

Can I ask why?

Is the explanation any deeper than "because I can"?
i voted (will vote i should say...when i get home) to so i do my part to stop the insanity
annarborgator

Don't Vote!

Post by annarborgator »

Voting won't stop the insanity. No matter who wins the government still gets elected, which is the source of all the insanity.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Don't Vote!

Post by annarborgator »

Statistically speaking your vote doesn't count.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21uJUZuIcEo#
annarborgator

Don't Vote!

Post by annarborgator »

Last edited by DocZaius on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocZaius

Don't Vote!

Post by DocZaius »

I did not vote the lesser-of-two-evils this year, at least not for the governor or senator. I voted in favor of Amendment 4, despite my pro-business leanings, because developers have really made a shithole of a great deal of prime real estate; it's time that the community have a voice on development.

I voted NOT to retain any judges. They're all bums.

I know this is falling on deaf ears, but I voted because it does give me a voice, however small, in "the system." Yes, I realize that there are much larger voices out there who might drown out my puny cries, but it's better than not having a voice at all. Maybe you think by working within the system, I'm part of the problem, but I don't see a way around the system outside of taking up arms. And seein' as how I have food on the table, steady work, a roof over my head and a family to provide for, I'm not ready to put my life or my freedom on the line to support a revolution against the system.
annarborgator

Don't Vote!

Post by annarborgator »

Maybe you think by working within the system, I'm part of the problem, but I don't see a way around the system outside of taking up arms.
I've already explained how this is a false dilemma. See agorism.
And seein' as how I have food on the table, steady work, a roof over my head and a family to provide for, I'm not ready to put my life or my freedom on the line to support a revolution against the system.
If you support the system then I can understand voting. I can't understand supporting the system, though.
radbag

Don't Vote!

Post by radbag »

^that was the sweetest dessert these lips have ever tasted.
G8rMom7

Don't Vote!

Post by G8rMom7 »

Woo hoo! So far so good for me in Florida...the Repubs are kicking butt and taking names so far.
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Don't Vote!

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Alan Boyd got ousted....an incumbent since 1996...HUGE win for the GOP in this district.

DocZaius

Don't Vote!

Post by DocZaius »

Allen West is in da House!
G8rMom7

Don't Vote!

Post by G8rMom7 »

I had a couple of Liberal FB friends all disgruntled about him...one even posted it's time to move to California! PLEASE DO! California will be this country's version of Greece before you know it! I will NEVER understand how anyone thinks that an over-reaching government is a good thing. I truly wish that California would secede from the union and form The Peoples Republic of California...but don't be coming to the Federal gov't to bail you out when you run out of "other people's money".
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Don't Vote!

Post by DocZaius »

Damn, I should have voted for Josue Larose. He got ZERO votes. None. Nada. Zilch. He didn't even vote for himself.

If I had voted for him, I could point to a single vote in the results and shout exuberantly, "THERE I AM! THAT'S ME! I MATTER!"
UFGirlluvr

Don't Vote!

Post by UFGirlluvr »

I voted and am wondering what the hell Floridian's are thinking when it came to the governor's race. I was planning on being an abused teacher when I finished my degree in the next couple of years but that is in serious reconsideration given the direction Rick Scott wants to go with merit based incentives and the voucher system. Amazing how a guy that was a CEO of a company that was a huge scam and fined over 600 million can be elected not to mention he just became a full time citizen only 7 years ago. I wasn't surprised about Grayson ( he's nuts) or Rubio but come on people. If I ever have to give a deposition or testify I think I will plead the 5th over 75 times, good enough for our governor, good enough for me.
DocZaius

Don't Vote!

Post by DocZaius »

I'm in complete agreement with you about Scott's election, Joey. We elected a criminal - I don't care about his policy positions.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Don't Vote!

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I like his policy decisions...including the merit based pay and voucher system. I voted for him.

Tipmoose

Don't Vote!

Post by Tipmoose »

AA: Here's a reason to vote that I think you might understand...

...I voted for no other reason than to piss off people with whom I disagree.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

Don't Vote!

Post by annarborgator »

AA: Here's a reason to vote that I think you might understand...

...I voted for no other reason than to piss off people with whom I disagree.
LMMFAO. You're right, this I can understand.
TheTodd

Don't Vote!

Post by TheTodd »

why would you vote for a voucher system? All you'll be doing is pulling money out of a school system that is having issues. Even if you don't have kids in the school system then you'll reap benefits or pay consequences for a good/bad education system buy having quality employees/co-workers or complete duds. Pulling resources out of the system isn't the answer. I don't have a problem with their being some more accountability into the school system as it pertains to teachers though. Some school districts are run well and others are run like crap. The issues are with individual districts and not with the state itself.

Merit based pay sucks. How are you going to pay people? New teachers always get placed in crappy schools so no matter how good they are, they aren't going to get higher pay because they are in a crappy school that has kids in it that should be learning trades instead of Algebra and Shakespeare. What kind of incentive is that? In fact, I'd say that merit based pay will worsen public education instead of better it.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/09/merit_pay_for_teachers_who_imp.html

So you voted for a guy that wants faulty policies and has a sketchy background?
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Don't Vote!

Post by annarborgator »

The answer is to end public education, pull all "resources" from that system and let the market handle it.