The war on salt

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

The war on salt

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opini ... wanted=all

Really surprised that this was in the NY Times. They've also recently surprised me by coming out against the Mayor's war on soft drinks.
MinGator

The war on salt

Post by MinGator »

Is this the first SALT or SALT II? :D

I haven't got the link handy but the evidence is now coming out against the gluten free diets. Seems that the science isn't supporting all of the claims and is in fact detrimental to good health. Not that it has stopped the advertisers and marketers. I was buying ibuprofen the other day and even that had a label that said gluten free. WTF, I never would have even thought that gluten would be a consideration in your choice of pain relievers.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
slideman67

The war on salt

Post by slideman67 »

Where are you seeing this about gluten? Because that is counter to what I am seeing.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

The war on salt

Post by DocZaius »

I don't know about any gluten studies, but gluten-free living seems a little too trendy to me. Probably lots of folks out there who claim​ to have a gluten problem but really don't.
TheTodd

The war on salt

Post by TheTodd »

Hmmmm....salt. Interesting article. I think it really shows some of the faulty thinking we've gone through in the past 50-60 years where we will believe things that aren't necessarily proven or fact. Once it's beaten into our heads for 40 years it becomes fact.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Tipmoose

The war on salt

Post by Tipmoose »

Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
MinGator

The war on salt

Post by MinGator »

^^that's awesome.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.