Japanese Politician Banned For Wearing Wrestling Mask to Meetings

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

This guy has my vote. Skull Reaper!
Skull Reaper A-ji won just 2,828 votes in the election, campaigning on a platform demanding educational reform and improved social welfare facilities, but that was sufficient for him to take a seat in the city council.

But even before he could attend his first meeting, other councillors suggested that it was inappropriate for a member of the assembly to wear a mask to conceal their identity.
But 44-year-old Skull Reaper A-ji resisted their requests that he remove his trademark item of clothing, a red-and-black leather mask similar to the "lucha libre" masks affected by wrestlers in Mexico.

"People find it easy to come up and talk to me because I have a mask on," he told the Nishinippon Shimbun, adding that he has done a lot for the community for more than a decade, including visiting institutions for people with physical disabilities.

The chamber apparently declined to take his charitable work into consideration, however, and refused to allow Skull Reaper A-ji to take part in a meeting on Monday on the grounds that he was contravening a rule that states "a person taking the floor shall not wear items such as a hat."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... tings.html
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I would absolutely vote for him. Or President Camacho. Either one.