Pat Dooley ranks the SEC quarterbacks

Fuckbeans.
DocZaius

Pat Dooley ranks the SEC quarterbacks

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... gall&tc=ar

Here are one through five:
1. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M: I think Manziel may have a season that doesn't live up to last year's because he loses his tackles and will have the bull's-eye on his back for an entire season, But how can you go with anybody but the defending Heisman Trophy winner?

2. A.J. McCarron, Alabama: You may see a guy in the right place at the right time, but when Alabama has needed McCarron to make a big throw, he makes a big throw. You see a manager of the game, I see a guy with a bunch of rings. And in the end, that's what matters most.

3. Aaron Murray, Georgia: Murray cut down on his interceptions last year, but I can also point to his numbers in the two biggest regular-season games of the year. Against South Carolina and Florida, he threw one touchdown and four interceptions. Still, this is a guy with a legitimate shot to break Danny Wuerffel's SEC record for career touchdown passes.

4. Connor Shaw and Dylan Thompson, South Carolina: Both are going to play this season and will cause defenses fits because they are so different. Shaw is a tough guy who can give the Gamecock offense a running threat while Thompson can really spin it. Shaw's ability to deal with getting yanked will have a lot to say about this season, but he should be used to it by now.

5. Jeff Driskel, Florida: Driskel's first season as a starter saw a lot of good things, but he needs to take another step forward if Florida is going to duplicate last year's overachieving team. I'm just not sure the weapons are there to allow him to have a big season, and you have to think his running will be limited because of the lack of experience behind him.
Can't say I disagree with him.