DocZaius

Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend

Post by DocZaius »

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Christ, how dumb is Te'o?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... z2ItuOCvfe
The bizarre Manti Te’o fake girlfriend frenzy reached a new low — with a high-pitched confession.

Hoax mastermind Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, posing as the mysterious Lennay Kekua, was the falsetto voice on the other end of the all-night phone calls with the Notre Dame star, the scammer’s lawyer said.
The Heisman Trophy finalist “thought it was a female he was talking with,” lawyer Milton Grimes acknowledged to the Daily News. “It was Ronaiah as Lennay.”
“Come on, Hollywood does it all the time,” Grimes said Wednesday. “People can do that.”
OH Krill

Post by OH Krill »

OH Krill

Post by OH Krill »

LOL, Katie Couric thinks he's full of shit:

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Posted without comment. Really. Because I have no idea any more on this story.
In an interview with Dr. Phil McGraw, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo admits that, from his perspective, the relationship with T’eo was romantic.

“Here we have a young man that fell deeply, romantically in love,’’ McGraw told NBC’s Today. “I asked him straight up, ‘Was this a romantic relationship with you?’ And he says yes. I said, ‘Are you then therefore gay?’ And he said, ‘When you put it that way, yes.’ And then he caught himself and said, ‘I am confused.’’’
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -romantic/
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I, too am confused, Ronaiah. Really, really confused.

And I mean that literally in the sense that "confused" does not mean "gay."
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Manti is practically begging for the media to let this story go (with bonus appearance by Chris Weinke):http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8961518/2013-nfl-draft-manti-teo-think-draft-stock-drop-hoax

Of course, even if there were no fake girlfriend story, it's tough to explain how little of a factor he played in the BCS Championship game.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Yeah, he was as invisible as his girlfriend in that BCS game. He better smoke his 40 time at the combine this week and do well on the intelligence test.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

So I guess Manti only ran a 4.8 forty at the combine.

Some folks just aren't impressed.

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I was going to post something on that but got sidetracked. It wasn't only the slowish 40 time to me. He's now making the excuse that he ran a slow 40 because he was too stressed out by the combine experience and that his "real" 40 time is 4.5-4.6.

He also measured out an inch shorter and ten pounds lighter than what Notre Dame claimed he was and didn't bench press because he claimed he had a shoulder stinger. Really hope my team passes on this guy.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

On a side note, they're now saying that Sharif Floyd probably goes in the top 5 of the first round. Kid is a beast.
Jabberdave

Post by Jabberdave »

[quote=a1bion]I was going to post something on that but got sidetracked. It wasn't only the slowish 40 time to me. He's now making the excuse that he ran a slow 40 because he was too stressed out by the combine experience and that his "real" 40 time is 4.5-4.6.

He also measured out an inch shorter and ten pounds lighter than what Notre Dame claimed he was and didn't bench press because he claimed he had a shoulder stinger. Really hope my team passes on this guy.[/QUOTE]

Who is your team? I'm guessing Miami takes him with one of their first round picks. They've done stupid shit in the draft recently so it wouldn't surprise me.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Tampa Bay for me. I doubt they'd draft Te'o, especially in the first round, because they've picked up two good quality linebackers over the past two drafts in Mason Foster and Lavonte David. I have a feeling they're going to trade back and take Desmond Trufant.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Interesting interview on the journalistic standards of the original Deadspin piece. It's pretty funny reading reporters from some mainstream outlets try to take shots at Deadspin for their standards, considering how badly reporters at a lot of those places have fucked up over the years. Best quote:
The comment you cited above does not contain a “racial epithet,” by the way. It’s a joke about Girl Scout cookies. Are there any actual racial epithets you’d like to bring to our attention?
http://sportsjournalism.org/uncategoriz ... my-craggs/
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Imaginary or not, that Lennay Kukua can't stay out of the headlines. She won the ESPN Bracket Challenge!
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Wow! That dame sure knows her basketball!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Lennay made Maxim's list of 100 hottest women. She came in at 69, natch.

http://extramustard.si.com/2013/05/09/m ... s-hot-100/