Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before: The Mayor of Toronto...

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I've kind of been following this, but the story keeps getting more and more twisted.

Within the past week or so, a story came out that there was a video showing the mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford, smoking crack with Somali drug dealers. A couple of journalists in Canada said they've been shown the video but do not have it. The website, Gawker, started a Kickstarter campaign to raise the money to buy the video so they could post it. And, at first, it just seemed like a story about that goofy mayor who does shit like walk into news cameras. Gawker and the Toronto Star published a picture of Ford with some of the Somali men allegedly in the crack smoking video.

But then it got good. A story came out that showed members of Ford's family have been involved with drug dealing in the past. Then one of the guys in the picture with Ford, Anthony Smith, a 21 year old college student, was shot to death outside a night club. In an interview with police, Ford's chief of staff, Mark Towhey, apparently told the Toronto police that another staff member had told him that Smith may have been murdered because he had a copy of the video. Ford then fired Towhey and two other staff members resigned in protest.

WTF is going on in Canada? I know we had Marion Berry, but no one got murdered over him smoking crack. TSIFU!
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

This is the guy we're talking about here.

[video=youtube_share;pUUhP3b1rO4]http://youtu.be/pUUhP3b1rO4[/video]
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

And here he is hanging out with the alleged Somalis who allegedly filmed him smoking crack (funny side note: when I did the Google Image Search for Rob Ford crack, one of my results was a picture of Mayor Quimby of Springfield).

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Wow this story is crazier than I first heard. The mayor's lawyer is a real piece of work, too:

http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/17/this- ... reat-ever/
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Awful punctuation aside, this is a most interesting line in that "lawyer's" email:
If the person you mention is now deceased,it is sad,regardless of his alleged background.
Especially in light of a new report out of Toronto this morning, according to which Ford told his staff that he knew the address where the video was being stored.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told senior aides not to worry about a video appearing to show him smoking crack cocaine because he knew where it was, sources told the Star.

Ford then blurted out the address of two 17th-floor units — 1701 and 1703 — at a Dixon Rd. apartment complex, to the shock of staffers at a city hall meeting almost two weeks ago, the sources said.

The mayor cited “our contacts” as the source of his information, according to insiders familiar with the unusual May 17 session in his office.

Staffers were alarmed by the implication of hearing so precise a location, sources said.
This story probably isn't going to end well.