No prayer: How the mania made Tim Tebow too toxic to talk about -- or to hire

In 2010 a crack commando quarterback was sent to Denver by the NFL, but the Broncos wouldn't commit. This quarterback subsequently escaped from a maximum security stadium in New York to a life of relative leisure in Massachusetts. Today, still wanted by an insufferable fanbase and moronic media whores, he survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Tim Tebow.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

To me, Tebow's best course of action would've been similar to what Aaron Rodgers was. Rodgers was drafted by the Packers to sit for a few years and learn from the coaches while Favre played his career there out. And he made the most of it. And believe me, the situation there was totally different. I have spent plenty of time around Packers fans over the years and when they finally got rid of Favre to make Rodgers the full time starter, a lot of their fans were pissed. Now, all that's forgotten, but it took time and patience.

I like Tebow and wish him the best, but I have to say, I got over his fans pretty fast because of their fanaticism. I remember a lot of them throwing other people (anyone but Tebow) under the bus when Florida lost to Alabama in the SEC title game in 2010. And keep in mind that the billboards calling for Tebow to be made the starter in Denver were up just three weeks into the season. There's a lot of revisionist history out there from his fans about that season.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I think you hit the nail on the head there, a1.