"The Wolverine" maybe doesn't suck... maybe

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-ryan ... ertainment
It came as a welcome surprise that The Wolverine takes place after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand. For whatever reason, I had assumed that this was going to be a direct sequel to the previous Wolverine movie. Instead, we finally find out what happened to Logan/Wolverine (again played by Hugh Jackman) after walking away from his life as a member of the X-Men. We now know that Logan lives in the woods and is sad. He gets even sadder after a bear is killed -- going as far as to confront the hunters at a local honky-tonk that plays songs from Cracker's Kerosene Hat album. It's all very depressing. Granted, I was in the mood for a depressing superhero movie.
The Wolverine isn't your typical superhero movie. It's gritty, but "Marvel" gritty, not The Dark Knight gritty. Yet even The Dark Knight is still a huge movie. The Wolverine doesn't aspire to be a huge movie. The Wolverine doesn't even aspire to be a superhero movie. The Wolverine seems to be content with just being a good movie -- and it succeeds.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I'd like to see it. Kind of baffling that they waste the money to make a shitty Wolverine movie then turn around ago, "Okay, let's try that again."
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I think it's one of those deals where they have to keep churning out movies or the character rights return to Marvel.
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

I'm hoping to go see it. But somehow I doubt I'll be able to. Too many kids up in here.