Fall Practice Report

Fuckbeans.
a1bion

Fall Practice Report

Post by a1bion »

Sort of been looking around to see what I could find out of the public practices over the past few days. Thought I'd share a few things I'd found.

I was concerned about the defensive line, what with Shariff Floyd leaving, but it sounds like we should have a pretty good line again. Read somewhere the other day that Dominique Easley has that explosive first step off the line back to where it was before his ACL surgery. Leon Orr sounds like he's been solid next to Easley. Dante Fowler and Ronald Powell sound like they're going to be nasty rushing the QB.

Jeff Driskell sounds like he's improved from last year and we might have a couple or receivers this year in Demarcus Robinson and Quinton Dunbar.

Also sounds like this if fully Muschamp's team, with that same tough, physical, go to war mentality we started to see last year. Love that part.
This team looks like one that is embracing the work Will Muschamp and all of his position coaches want out of them, whether the coaches are gruff (Brad Lawing and Tim Davis fit here), loud (D.J. Durkin and Brian White), or more personable (Joker Phillip and Travaris Robinson). And I saw Dunbar take Robinson and show him something about how to get off the line, and saw Easley lead a pre-snap dance party that included Fowler and Leon Orr, so it looks like this team has leaders, too.
http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/8/17/ ... iz-purifoy

Can the season get started yet?
a1bion

Fall Practice Report

Post by a1bion »

Other notes:
Driskel, who had a tendency to lock onto his primary receiver at times last season, seems much more comfortable now going through his progressions until he finds the open receiver. The 20-yard pass to Dunbar during 11-on-11 was a perfect example. Driskel dropped back and looked to the right side. When he saw his primary receiver covered, he checked down to the next guy and found Dunbar open over the middle.
The quarterbacks threw to the backs on numerous occasions, a move that helped the offense move the chains several times. And this was with UF’s best pass-catching back, tailback Matt Jones, still sidelined while he recovers from a viral infection. Of the tailbacks who practiced Saturday, true freshman Kelvin Taylor appeared to have the best hands.
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/2013 ... y-practice
DocZaius

Fall Practice Report

Post by DocZaius »

Wait wait wait. We have a football team?
a1bion

Fall Practice Report

Post by a1bion »

Not only do we have a football team, I'm also seeing positive reports about Solomon Patton's play. We might have three receivers contributing this year!