After Two Games, Gators Disappointed To Not Have A Player Ejected For Targeting

Fuckbeans.
The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman

After Two Games, Gators Disappointed To Not Have A Player Ejected For Targeting

Post by The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman »

So far, the new targeting rule that was instituted this offseason has not played a part in either of Florida's first two games this season. However, the lack of ejections has troubled Will Muschamp. "This is something we need to correct during our bye week and I feel that we will," he said.

Currently, Florida's zero ejections are tied for the fewest in the NCAA at any level of football. Coaches and players agree that they have to do a better job of getting ejected. "It's embarrassing. This is the University of Florida. We have a reputation of hitting people hard and playing stupid to uphold. Coach Muschamp preaches physical, dumb play and we're doing it in some areas, but we still have a lot of improvement and it starts with me putting the crown of my helmet into a quarterback's chest," said Dominique Easley.

Defensive players aren't the only ones hearing the howls of disappointment, the offensive players too were instructed by Muschamp to hit someone headfirst. "I told our tight ends, if they're going to be this bad catching passes all season, then they need to make themselves useful by launching themselves into a linebacker headfirst to at least make me happy."

With fans getting antsy about the lack of ejections, the team promises to make up for it in a big way against Tennessee on September 21st by recording at least five.

"We know the fans had high expectations for us getting thrown out of games this year. So far we've let a lot of people down. We've got to step our game up for SEC play and we plan to do so versus Tennessee," said Easley.

The players insist that the absence of ejections isn't through lack of trying. Easley said the team has spent a good amount of time on properly spearing offensive players since the beginning of fall camp, but the execution in the games has been sloppy.

"I don't think there's any question we miss Matt Elam," admitted Muschamp. "That boy would've been tossed during warmups in each game. I've talked to our guys and I told them that if they're not willing to put theirs or another player's safety in jeopardy, then this isn't the sport for them and there's the door." Muschamp then opened the door for anyone who wanted to leave by running headfirst into it to demonstrate what he wants to see from his players.

A concussed Muschamp added, "Purple pumpkin on a Tuesday. That's a radio, Skip."

Courtesy of The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman