The flattery of imitation....

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Not that any liberals would see this, but isn't it interesting that an unknown working mother is selected for a post that some see her as unqualified for? I'm referring to the newest Senator from New York. She has several positions that are quite different from the left. She is an NRA supporter and does not favor driver's licenses for illegal aliens- both wildly divergent positions from what New York city liberals traditionally hold. As a longtime resident of central NY, I can say with complete certainty that while many citizens register and vote democrat they are actually more centrist. She is attractive and a relative blank slate. The comparisons between her and Governor Palin are worth noting, but I do not expect much coverage of this in the national media.
Star Kings Forever!
radbag

Post by radbag »

nor the local media...i ASSURE you...there's been no mention of gillibrand in that type of light.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

They'd rather choke than expose their "Adirondack Barbie". :laugh:
Star Kings Forever!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^LOL
Okay, let's try this!

urapnes

Post by urapnes »

are you suggesting that running for VP deserves the same coverage and inspection as an appointed short-term senator?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I would argue that the senator is a "do more" position...

the VP doesn't do squat unless and until there is a tie in the senate or the President croaks. neither of which happens often.

bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Urap, that's the response I expected but it's still odd. Didn't Hillary campaign, in part, on her "achievements" in the supposedly critical post of New York senator? Yes. Given that, I would look for at least some semblance of journalistic interest in the obvious similarities between the two women. Hell, wouldn't it make an interesting angle to explore the possibility that by appointing someone with centrist views that maybe, just maybe, the NY Governor was reaching out to the center and women as a whole?
Nah, the liberals wouldn't allow that.
Star Kings Forever!
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

This is going to be a long 4 years