Hater thinks this guy is insane but you should listen to him

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I'll settle for some rep.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

As many issues as I could have with other groups, I don't wish them death and would never, ever make good on the promise.

They hate that we are capitalists and women aren't treated as cattle. Welcome to modern world. Beyond that, what do you do that warrants someone who doesn't know you to want you dead? Do you think it's a good reason?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I think with our "democracy" (a political lie) they attribute the acts of the U.S. government to its citizens. We have not done enough to stand up to the insanity waged around the world by our military, IMO, but I know that's a matter of opinion.

I honestly believe they have specific grievances beyond our lifestyle. If we didn't hinder their choice of lifestyle I do doubt they would try to hinder ours (as much). Don't get me wrong there may be some element of jealousy or simply hating us for being different. But there's no denying that we've caused quite a bit of real damage (whether it be justified or not from an Amerikan point of view) in countries where we have no legal claim to sovereignty.

How do you know they would still hate us for our "capitalism" (if you can still call it that with the rise of the demand economy over the past months) and our allowing equality among the sexes. I just wonder if we stopped killing them if they would stop killing us and call the other shit non-issues. Now, of course, given the practical aspects of the world our enemies' leaders will be forced to do anything they can to maintain power even if we let them alone, but over time I wonder how much we could erode the massive power base they've created all too easily given the shit we've pulled. Like I've said before--I don't understand why the strongest country in the world feels the need to resort to underhanded tactics that likely create more enemies than allies.

We've never tried playing the game in a friendly way. Cuz the American way is to WIN, as has been eloquently explained above. We don't understand the concept of a draw or letting bygones be bygones. You kill a couple thousand Amerikans and tens of thousands of your citizens are about to die so that WE can WIN.

Hubris. Look it up.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

You talk as if our actions abroad have only brought about bad results.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Soft core anarchists are tiresome. I can't decide if AA is merely anti-western or an elitist who feels compelled to assuage his American guilt with an unrelenting stream of invective about the United States.
Either way, there aren't any variations in his drumbeat. We get it, Us bad, others good, you can see "the big picture", we're sheep, blah, blah blah.
Star Kings Forever!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Once again, AA manages to denigrate a mass populace with a single sentence. Apparently having a nuanced worldview and being a person of faith are mutually exclusive.
Yet another reason to dismiss you as an elitist whose life soundtrack is "Ruffles and Feathers" and the X-Files theme. What an repulsive combination.
What mass populace did I just denigrate?
Still waiting to have this question answered.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Soft core anarchists are tiresome. I can't decide if AA is merely anti-western or an elitist who feels compelled to assuage his American guilt with an unrelenting stream of invective about the United States.
Either way, there aren't any variations in his drumbeat. We get it, Us bad, others good, you can see "the big picture", we're sheep, blah, blah blah.
If I thought any other country was actually better than us I would have already moved. Sorry that my criticism touches such a nerve. I guess I'll just shut the fuck up, smile, go to work everyday at some mediocre job, get married, and have kids. Is that what I'm supposed to do to be a good citizen? Serious question here because I am at a goddamned loss.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

You talk as if our actions abroad have only brought about bad results.
The best things we've accomplished in 70+ years of our world empire are ending the soviet union's ability to destroy the world and stopping Hitler. And in reality, I think Hitler would have brought down his empire on his own anyway by going into Russia and ruining his hold of power with a crushing defeat. That's pure conjecture, though, so I do recognize the fact that we stopped him.

The largest impact we've had is to create terrorist extremism that is now the scourge of almost the entire world.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

You're really laying terrorist extremism at the feet of the US?

Should we re-adopt the Monroe Doctrine and bring back isolationism?

Don't get me wrong here, I have a pretty good inherent distrust of TPTB but I think it's a stretch to say we created terrorist extremism.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

Hubris is part of country's foundation, no doubt. May be a stretch, but I'd say without it, we'd still be speaking the queen's English.

Humor me for a moment. Let's say we played the game in a 'friendly way,' as you put it, starting tomorrow. You think that would work? I don't disagree with you that some U.S. military activities caused more harm than good (buddying up with bin Laden, for one). However, given that whole hindsight is 20/20 thing, what now? A big apology and everything's ok? I think not, and I think you underestimate the impact of the lifestyle differences on foreign relations.

I also think that as minorities in the world (vs. many other populations, especially muslims), I don't mind being a little hawkish.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

You're really laying terrorist extremism at the feet of the US?

Should we re-adopt the Monroe Doctrine and bring back isolationism?

Don't get me wrong here, I have a pretty good inherent distrust of TPTB but I think it's a stretch to say we created terrorist extremism.
The extreme terrorists wouldn't focus their hatred on us if we didn't make it so easy for them, at every turn, to focus their hatred on us, IMO. I understand terrorist extremism existed before the U.S. and I honestly can't pinpoint the exact spawn of that evil. I just believe we tend to make it worse than better.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Hubris is part of country's foundation, no doubt. May be a stretch, but I'd say without it, we'd still be speaking the queen's English.

Humor me for a moment. Let's say we played the game in a 'friendly way,' as you put it, starting tomorrow. You think that would work? I don't disagree with you that some U.S. military activities caused more harm than good (buddying up with bin Laden, for one). However, given that whole hindsight is 20/20 thing, what now? A big apology and everything's ok? I think not, and I think you underestimate the impact of the lifestyle differences on foreign relations.

I also think that as minorities in the world (vs. many other populations, especially muslims), I don't mind being a little hawkish.
And the hubris that we are right in our ways will one day kill us all. Y'all can keep your eyes closed and whistle past your own graves all you want. I'd rather watch my death coming and be aware and alive enough to enjoy the life I have left. Y'all can ignore the writing on the wall all y'all want.

Tomorrow? In the short term (your absurd thought example, not mine...talk about unrealistic, straw man argument bullshit) we've set off on this horrible path of death and destruction so now the only endgame is for us to convince every single person in the world our lifestyle is the right way or to kill them. We limited ourselves to those choices though. Nobody told us to make those the only two options. We decided that for us and everyone else, even without true sovereignty over them. Only with our great military power.

What lifestyle differences do you refer to? You mean our greed and preference to hoard so called "wealth" rather than do the simplest thing in the world and share? Agree with you there. We gave the control over our wealth to the banksters and they took it and ran. There's no getting it back...they've been trickling it from the tap for 90 years now and the speed of the flow is increasing. We'd have enough to share with everyone in the world if we really gave two shits about lifestyle differences and I know you're smart enough to realize that...

And so if you're a "minority" it's cool to adhere to violence? Hmmmm. Well that makes a SHIT TON of sense. I see your education has paid off.

I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that there's no hope and my only wish is to die before I am forced to witness the suffering that we will one day reap from all that has been sown. Best of luck to all of us when that time comes.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Once again, AA manages to denigrate a mass populace with a single sentence. Apparently having a nuanced worldview and being a person of faith are mutually exclusive.
Yet another reason to dismiss you as an elitist whose life soundtrack is "Ruffles and Feathers" and the X-Files theme. What an repulsive combination.
What mass populace did I just denigrate?
Still waiting to have this question answered.
Can anyone help me out with this?
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I think it's more important for you to reread your own posts and ask yourself, "Among the numerous sweeping condemnations I pronounce as fact, which one offended the largest group of people?".
You're really quite dismissive and crass. I see definitive evidence of gender and religious bias in your posts. Who knows, perhaps women or people of faith may find your positions alarming. The certainty with which you present opinion as fact also smacks of arrogance.
Star Kings Forever!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I've learned over the years that the truth is usually rather offensive and people are so sensitive that they choose not to think about it. Just read through my posts and the only ones that have the potential to offend a large number of people are the posts criticizing modern organized religion. Other than that there's nothing.

Can you answer my question now? Or was your asking a question your signal that you don't have a fucking answer.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I see definitive evidence of gender and religious bias in your posts.
I don't discriminate. I hate everyone equally.
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

There are reports on Debka of mass desertions by Hamas soldiers all over Gaza. Apparently the leadership is on the verge of absolutely crumbling. The people now have a choice...if the Palestinians make a good choice this could really be a step forward. Here's hoping all the folks in Gaza completely turn their backs on Hamas.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

Hey, we agree on something. Back on the meds? ;)
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Hey, we agree on something. Back on the meds? ;)
Sure am :D
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

In an edgy, emotional speech over Damascus TV, Hamas' Damascus leader Khaled Meshaal dropped a bomb on the Cairo ceasefire talks attended Saturday, Jan. 10, by the heads of Gaza's embattled Hamas faction, just when they were on the point of unconditionally accepting a ceasefire. He declared Hamas must fight on until Israel ended its 15-day military offensive and lifted its blockade against the Gaza Strip.

DEBKAfile reports concern in Jerusalem that Meshaal may have received pledges from Iran and Hizballah to rescue Hamas from its straits in Gaza. The Hamas leader spoke amid spreading Hamas desertions in Gaza and a senior Israeli military source's disclosure that Hamas has lost 550 Hamas fighters.
http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1372

Yet again, a leader betrays logic in order to maintain or extend his power.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Not so happy about this:
The US Navy's Military Sealift Command is hiring a merchant ship to carry the arms on two separate journeys from the Greek port of Astakos to Israel in mid-to-late January, according to Reuters. A 'hazardous material" designation on the manifest mentions explosive substances and detonators, but no other details. One broker said that the size of a shipment of this kind has not been seen for years. DEBKAfile's military sources note that the Israel's air, ground, tank and sea offensive against Hamas in Gaza entered its 15th day Saturday, Jan. 10.
http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5838

Oh well.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Thank you very sincerely Israel:
DEBKAfile's military sources report that Israel announced Wednesday, Jan. 7 a three-hour daily halt in military operations from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. as a goodwill gesture for the passage of humanitarian aid. Israel will suspend attacks in certain areas – though not the entire territory - to allow people to get supplies. The measure took immediate effect, was repeated Thursday for two hours and again Saturday, Jan. 10. More food, medicines and fuel supplies entered Gaza from Israel Wednesday.

The Israeli Gaza offensive has cut by half the daily missiles/ rocket level from Gaza by wiping out 60 percent of Hamas' missile stocks, demolishing its production facilities and knocking out of action the Philadelphi smuggling tunnels on the Egyptian border. However, DEBKAfile's military sources report that Hamas appears to have preserved an unused stock of Iran-made Fajr rockets capable of hitting central Israeli towns, such as Rehovot and Rishon Lezion, 16 km short of Tel Aviv.
http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=5832
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Oh joy! It's like our goal is perpetual war:
The United States and Russia are bidding hard against each other to give the Lebanese army heavy weapons, a contest which Israeli diplomacy has failed to deter, DEBKAfile's military sources report.

Defense ministry official Amos Gilead arrived in Moscow Friday, Dec. 19 only to watch his train leaving the station: Sophisticated Russian S-300 air defense systems were already speeding toward Tehran to guard its nuclear sites and MiG-29 fighter jets had been pledged to Lebanon.

In Washington, too, Israeli diplomats pleaded in vain with Bush administration leaders to refrain from giving Lebanon tanks and a fleet of combat helicopters. Ten Cobras have led the way. They argued that there are no safeguards against American hardware falling into the hands of the Lebanese terrorist Hizballah, whose leaders vowed again Friday to destroy the Jewish state by launching a regional conflagration.
http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1370
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

If there's one thing Ive learned over the years of reading Debka is that its only slightly more reliable than the National Enquirer.

Russia and the US could give the Lebanese 50 Mig 29s and 2 dozen F15s. It wouldn't matter. The Israeli air force would shoot them down within minutes. And the ones they didn't shoot down, would be unmaintained in a hanger somewhere.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.