I'm not going to vote for Romney or Obama

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

For the first time in my voting career, I don't think I'm going to vote for either major party in this year's Presidential election. I just can't get behind either one of these candidates - I really think there is very little difference between the two, and I don't think either one will do a good job over the next four years.

So, who's a good alternative option? Is the Rent-is-Too-Damn-High guy gonna run? Because I'd vote for him based solely on his facial hair.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Beats the fuck outta me. The past several elections have been shit for choices.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I'm with ya on that too Doc. I don't really care for either of them. If Obama had done at least one of the things he said he'd do then I'd back him. I really didn't like the 'go out and spend' statements by Bush and thought that saving instead of spending would have been good for the US in the long term. I was hoping for some kind of tax break for saving/investing money from Obama. Promote fiscal responsibility for individuals as well as the government but that hasn't happened.

That all being said, money is in easy supply right now thanks to the fed keeping interest rates so low. Not really getting much benefit from savings right now.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

My number one goal is to get Eric Holder out of the Justice Dept. The only way that happens is if Obama loses...voting for a 3rd party won't get the job done, IMHO.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Todd, you might want to review this link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... mise-kept/

Doc, why don't you vote for Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate then?
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Eh, I've never been impressed with large-L libertarians (i.e., those that identify with the Libertarian Party). I think of myself as a small-l libertarian, although I certainly agree that government does have an important role in managing society.

I'll look into Johnson, but I'm not holding my breath.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Here's another thing that I've thought about. Even though I'm not a Romney supporter, and I still don't intend to vote for him, I can also see that the President's role in appointing Supreme Court justices is an important consideration. Let's face it: Scalia is in his 70s, and with a Court that often renders 5-4 decisions in controversial cases, the next four years are going to be important in case he dies or retires.