NAACP: Don't ban my 40 of purple drank

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://gawker.com/5978355/the-naacp-pre ... ghts-issue
The AP reported todaythat both the NAACP and the Hispanic Federation have joined the American Beverage Association's lawsuit against Bloomberg's proposal to limit sodas to 16 ounces in the city. They have joinedon the side of the beverage industry, to be clear, which should be disconcerting to anyone under the impression that the NAACP still operates as a righteous group of crusading outsiders dedicated to justice, as they did during the civil rights era.
And why do these alleged civil rights organizations feel strongly enough about soda size, of all things, to call out their lawyers? Because "minority-owned delis and corner stores will end up at a disadvantage compared to grocery chains." The difficulties involved in restocking the shelves at your corner bodega are more important than the entire obesity issue in the black and Latino communities, by this pretend logic.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Just to clarify, actual purple drank is cough syrup mixed with Sprite with a Jolly Rancher thrown in.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

And here I thought it was just Welch's grape soda. Still, it's got Sprite in it.
rock8591

Post by rock8591 »

NAACP = National Association for the Aggravation of Caucasian People :wizard:
There was once a person named rock
Who most here would gladly coldcock
Not afraid to look dumb
To the pub he would come
And whatever he said was a crock