Game of Thrones comments

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

All of you who read the novels, how does Season 3 line up with them? Which book is this coming from?

Looking forward to seeing Joffrey meet a violent end. I hope it is sooner rather than later.

So how screwed is Sansa for what she said to the Grandmother?
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Well, I haven't seen any of Season 3 yet (no HBO) but the seasons are following the book, so the third season will roughly follow the third book, A Storm of Swords. While everything in the books is not necessarily in the show, the basic story is being followed fairly closely - the author of the books is also a writer for the show so you can expect that they'll be fairly consistent (unlike other HBO shows such as True Blood, which has pretty much abandoned any pretense of following the books).

As for your question on the grandmother, I don't know what Sansa said because I didn't see the episode, but I'm assuming that they are introducing Olenna Redwyne, the matriarch of House Tyrell and grandmother to that little hotty Margaery. If that's the case, Sansa has nothing to fear from her but Redwyne (also known as the "Queen of Thorns") has her own agenda that involves Sansa.

A LOT of big stuff happens in this book - it's probably the best of the series. You're going to be shocked at some of it and smugly satisfied at other parts of it.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

I just read on Wikipedia that they're putting book 3 into two seasons. So this season and next season will all be based on A Storm of Swords.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Hm. Redwyne is being played by none other than Diana Rigg, who played Emma Peel in The Avengers.

You know what? I think we need a Game of Thrones thread in the boobies forum.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

Yes you are correct Doc - that is who I was talking about.

And with respect to last night's episode, I want to give a big hand to the actor playing Jaime Lannister!
a1bion

Game of Thrones comments

Post by a1bion »

I've never seen it, but I saw that there's an actress on the current episode named Pixie Le Knot. She sounds really interesting.
a1bion

Game of Thrones comments

Post by a1bion »

Via egotistic, Mr Skin now has a playlist of all the nude scenes in GoT.

http://www.mrskin.com/playlist/show/101 ... jE,0,0,0,0
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

Man, after last night I feel bad for Theon. I don't see much future for him except death. How are things lining up with the books so far?
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

I haven't seen any of the episodes this season, so I'm not sure what you're referring to, but I can tell you he is still alive through all the books so far, but he...

reeks.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

Let's just say that there will be no more Greyjoy heirs from him.

Man this is a violent show and Westoros sucks! Glad I don't live there.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

So I am guessing that based on the title of the next episode, The Rains of Castamere, and what Cersei told Margaery, that things will not end well for Robb when he attacks Casterly Rock? Don't spoil it please, I am just assuming. I am really hoping the Starks win this war.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Don't worry - I won't spoil it for you, and I don't know what Cersei told Margaery. And in the book, I don't think Robb planned an attack on Casterly Rock (although he did pillage the eastern regions of the Westerlands, which are all Lannister territory). I think this may be one of those things that they wrote into the series to make it a little easier to follow.

The song, however, is "about Lord Tywin Lannister's crushing victory over rebellious House Reyne of Castamere and the destruction of the House at the end of their rebellion. The song is typically sung as a reminder of the fate that awaits those who cross Tywin Lannister, or the Lannisters of Casterly Rock in general." (from A Wiki of Ice and Fire, which I won't link to because you might be tempted into reading spoilers).
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

Thank you Doc. Believe me, I have been tempted to look at spoilers. Basically Cersei told Marg that story and since the episode is named that, I made my assumption. Marg told Cersei that since we are going to be sisters, they should get to know each other. Cersei said that if Marg ever called her sister again, she would have her strangled in her sleep. Cersei really is a c***. Is she that way in the book?

BTW - Dany is amajor ass kicker! I am amazed as to how far she has come. However, now that this mercenary has professed his love, I wonder what Jorah will do.

Also, I REALLY want Sansa to kill Joffrey. Don't tell me but I hope Joffrey meets a very bad end. The funny part is that the actor who plays him is reported to be a very nice guy.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Yes, Cersei is a complete cunt in all of the books. There are some characters that you change your opinion of as the story unfolds, but Cersei's not one of them.

Dany's eyes remain on the prize: the Iron Throne. She ain't got time for love anymore.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

Liking the noble Jamie - my opinion of him has improved.

It's amazing how much I like this show, but can't stand most of the characters. I want most of them to die. I do hope that Sansa grows up and stops being a pawn. I hope she gets out of Kings Landing alone as well.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!I can't believe what I just saw with the Red Wedding!!!!! I am stunned!!
Last edited by slideman67 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Last edited by DocZaius on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

Props to you Doc for not spilling the beans. But man, I am still stunned!!! My wife and I just sat there staring at the screen in silence. Neither of us slept well last night. Fuck Walder Frey!!! Did not see this coming.

So now what? I am truly tempted to bail since most of the characters are total shits. I am all onboard with Team Dany now. Is it worth sticking around?
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Yes there is more good stuff to come, so stick around. The Starks are almost extinct but the story isn't done yet.
slideman67

Game of Thrones comments

Post by slideman67 »

What's the deal that I am reading about where Robb's wife wasn't even there in the books?

What about Edmure? He's going to be pissed about the situation with Catelyn. For that matter, what will Littlefinger do?

Arya is going to grow up and be one bad ass Fucked up kid.

Seems now Richon is the Stark heir. But to what? Winterfell is gone, and it looks like their bannermen are going to get slaughtered. From my perspective, the Starks are good as gone.

And as always, what will Brian Boitano do?
DocZaius

Game of Thrones comments

Post by DocZaius »

Yeah, Robb's wife in the book was not the same character as in the show. In the books, he married to Jeyne Westerling, the daughter of a minor Stark bannerman. Robb married her to protect her honor after he slept with her. She wisely did not go to the Twins for the wedding, and also was not carrying Robb's baby (because her mom was giving her a contraceptive potion). She hasn't really played any further role in the books.

Edmure's story continues but I'm not going to spoil anything for you.

Arya's story gets really interesting.

Rickon doesn't receive too much attention in the books, probably on account of his young age, but still you gotta figure he's going to have something going on at some point, right?

Bran's story takes a supernatural twist - I'll say no more than that.

He'd make a plan and he'd follow through - that's what Brian Boitano'd do!
a1bion

Game of Thrones comments

Post by a1bion »

I don't even watch this show, but man, people are pissed off about this episode. Sounds like how I felt at the end of Empire Strikes Back when I was a kid.