Man of Steel

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
DocZaius

Man of Steel

Post by DocZaius »

DocZaius

Man of Steel

Post by DocZaius »

New trailer:

[video=youtube;T6DJcgm3wNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6DJcgm3wNY[/video]
a1bion

Man of Steel

Post by a1bion »

Admittedly, I was skeptical of this one because the last few Superman movies have been so meh. But the trailers for this one look promising and the fact that Chris Nolan is involved gives me some hope, because I like his work.
DocZaius

Man of Steel

Post by DocZaius »

Most definitely.
a1bion

Man of Steel

Post by a1bion »

Also helps that Amy Adams is in it.
slideman67

Man of Steel

Post by slideman67 »

I am waiting to see. I was very disappointed with the 2006 reboot. With the exception of 1 and 2, the Superman movies have stunk, and even 1 was too goofy. Kevin Spacey did a better Luthor than Gene Hackman.

I will say this - Christopher Reeves looked the closest to the comic book Superman, and in my mind, will always be Superman.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Man of Steel

Post by DocZaius »

Yeah, I agree that Reeve was a good Superman, but Kidder was a terrible Lois Lane.

I've often heard it said that the Salkins (the producers) sabotaged Richard Donner's work on 1 and 2 and made the movies a lot more campy than they should have been.

You know what I hated most about Returns? The villain - Lex Luthor, again, with another lame real estate scheme. It was really just a re-hash of the plot of 1. Also, Superman shouldn't have a kid with Lois Lane. Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex and all that. And that little hussy they had as Lois Lane looked way too young and fresh-faced to be a hard-driving urban reporter at a major metropolitan newspaper. Some of the visuals were cool, though.
slideman67

Man of Steel

Post by slideman67 »

Agreed - Kidder was terrible. I liked Teri Hatcher better as Lois - IMHO, she was closer to the Lois in the comics. And for that matter, Luthor in Lois and Clark was better than both Hackman and Spacey.

I heard that too about the 1 and 2. Do they have directors cuts out there?

I have to admit, I will cut 1 a little slack since it was the first superhero movie of the blockbuster era, and it was from 1978. It would never cut it today.

The wife and I made a decision not to get into Smallville. However, we have seen some one off episodes of the show and now think we should have watched it.

On a somewhat related note, Arrow is a great show!
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Man of Steel

Post by DocZaius »

Parts of Smallville were pretty good; other parts, not so much.

They did release a director's cut of Superman 2 called the Richard Donner Cut or something but I haven't seen it.

I haven't seen Arrow but I have heard that it's good.

Looking forward to Man of Steel and Iron Man 3 as this year's great comic book movie.
DocZaius

Man of Steel

Post by DocZaius »

Another new trailer, looks badass:

[video=youtube;NlOF03DUoWc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lOF03DUoWc[/video]
a1bion

Man of Steel

Post by a1bion »

General Zod ain't fucking around.