Aaron Hernandez questioned in connection with murder

Fuckbeans.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

[quote=IHateUGAlyDawgs]That's Bullshit. We knew Hernandez had some cannabis issues, but to make the quantum leap to say we should have known he was capable of murder is irresponsible. On top of that, Hernandez played for a regime that no longer exists (however, if one wants to start snooping around, perhaps they want to look around Columbus, OH).[/QUOTE]

I didn't make any quantum leap, Counselor. I said a) it must be uncomfortable for Foley -- which his brittle statement seems to confirm and b) Like Miami: I will say that the Urban Meyer championships were lovely, but the arrests and the Circle of Trust and the petulant behavior of recent UF > NFL pros (Hernandez, Harvin, Spikes, etc.) don't reflect well on the program we have become. Spurrier, though I tired of him as an in-game tactician, did not cotton to this sort of child. And none of what I am saying requires a quantum leap, or even recent news. Throttle down.

What's more, "a regime that no longer exists" -- does that mean you have renounced those two MNCs? I suspect you have not. What we have now is surely built upon what we had then. If you're gonna distance yourself from the Meyer years, then be honest enough to return the hardware.
Last edited by Toothy on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Boston police looking to see if they can clean up the cold case files.
BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned exclusively that investigators are looking into Aaron Hernandez as a possible suspect in a double murder that happened on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston.

According to the Boston Police blog from that date, officers responded to the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street just after 2 a.m. When they arrived, they found three people had been shot, two fatally, as they sat in a car at a traffic light.

The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area.

Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of the vehicle when witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire on it. The surviving victim was in the back seat. Investigators believed two others in the car fled the scene.

The source said that investigators were looking into Aaron Hernandez's connection to the killing.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/227024 ... z2XQfY0xrw
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

This just in: Boston police suspect Aaron Hernandez to be involved in JFK assassination and disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. Story developing...
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

According to Maria Cramer of the Globe, an unnamed law-enforcement official has said there’s a possible link between the crimes.

“The motive [for killing Odin Lloyd] might have been that [Lloyd] knew [Hernandez] might have been involved” in the July 2012 homicides, the unnamed law-enforcement official told Cramer.

If true, this would help explain why Hernandez allegedly was upset with Lloyd for something he had said to others on Friday, July 14. As prosecutor Bill McCauley explained it in court on Wednesday, “The victim had spoken to a couple of people and the defendant told him he was upset about that because he had essentially troubles with those people.”

While McCauley didn’t elaborate, it doesn’t require a huge leap in logic to wonder whether Lloyd had given a friendly warning to the people with whom Hernandez had “troubles” regarding the way Hernandez had dealt with other people with whom he had “troubles” in the past. Though we’re speculating, the motive to kill Lloyd surely came from something that gave Hernandez serious concern. Concern doesn’t get much more serious than Hernandez fearing Lloyd would say something that would result in Hernandez being arrested or prosecuted for the July 2012 murders.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... le-murder/
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

And people can't distance themselves from Hernandez fast enough:
The bosses at Muscle Milk called off their deal with Hernandez late last week; the Patriots ended things with Hernandez early Wednesday morning; and, earlier today, Puma, the German manufacturer of footwear and all kinds of other athletic goodies, terminated its agreement with Hernandez.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

He is so fucked. What a moron. We aren't Like UM since these guys are gone as well as Urbs but they certainly weren't the 1% of the 1% as people.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I'm starting to get embarrassed that Hernandez wasn't rejected by UF for academic reasons here.
Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Puma is still around?
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.amazon.com/Bubblicious-Bubbl ... ewpoints=1

30 of 32 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for Aaron Hernandez, good enough for me, June 27, 2013
By
Christopher Tapia (LOS ANGELES, CA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

This review is from: Bubblicious Bubble Gum Cotton Candy, 5-Count (pack of 18) (Grocery)
It's the gum of choice of ex-NFL superstar Aaron Hernandez. Great flavor, lasts only a few minutes, but that's all you need on a late night session. I won't leave home with out it. Worth smuggling into prison. A+Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

26 of 28 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Best gum on the market!, June 27, 2013
By
J.M. - See all my reviews

This review is from: Bubblicious Bubble Gum Cotton Candy, 5-Count (pack of 18) (Grocery)
If it is good enough for Aaron Hernandez it is good enough for me. Was doing some target practice at my local industrial park last night, had some of this gum afterwards and it was beyond refreshing. Special thanks to Aaron for turning me on to this great product.Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comments (2)

16 of 20 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars The gum that gives you a rush!!!!!, June 27, 2013
By
E Swizz - See all my reviews

After hearing that this blue beauty was good enough for Aaron I had to try some myself. I headed out to my local corner jaunt and picked up a pack, man has my life changed since then. The first piece was a rush of excitement as the juices flowed down my throat, likened to my first sip of caffeine infused four loko, bath salts, or that one weekend in vegas with the white lady. I can't wait to see what I can go out and do with this gum, the possibilities are endless!Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

5 of 7 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gum!, June 28, 2013
By
J.C. - See all my reviews

At first I was unsure if I would like mixing two classic flavors like cotton candy and bubblegum. Boy was I was wrong. I would kill for more of this gum!Help other customers find the most helpful reviews

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment Comment

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Urbs ain't talking.
According to Ben Axelrod of BuckeyeGrove.com, the Ohio State coach didn’t have anything to add when asked about Hernandez Monday.

“I’m not going to talk about that,” Meyer said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hernandez/
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

The hits (no pun intended) just keep coming...

http://deadspin.com/teenaged-aaron-hern ... -642981475

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I was just about to post that - dude gets served at The Swamp when he's only 17 and then he has the gall to try to walk out on the bill? And then sucker-punches the waiter? WTF?

All that talk about Urban Meyer looking the other way on his players' indiscretions has some meat to it.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I think we all knew the story about Hernandez getting into a scuffle with a bouncer at The Swamp. The details given now change that story vastly. That combined with him being questioned in a shooting and still being allowed to stick around UF are pretty disturbing.

I mean, those are really different stories from ones like a player being arrested for having a joint on him or throwing a bag of potato chips at a sub shop cashier.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

He should have been gone from UF. I really hope that things like this aren't going on now that we don't know about.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Yeah, if Meyer knew there were all these problems, one has to give more credence to the theory that the inmates were running the asylum.

I would like to know (and will never know):

1) how much of this goes on everywhere (not to excuse Meyer, but just to give some semblance of context)

2) he did actually kick some people off...what the hell did they do? or was it just they weren't as talented...

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

This is a list of all the players who got into trouble during Meyer's tenure: http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/201 ... possession

To be honest, most of the players who got into trouble were doing the same shit a lot of college students do (I know I did) like underage drinking or smoking weed. The ones who got kicked off were Gary Brown (slapped a woman at a party), Marquis Hannah (broke into a dude's apartment and punched him), Jacque Rickerson (domestic violence), Jamar Hornsby (using a dead guy's credit card), Ronnie Wilson (serial idiot with three arrests), and Jon Demps (marijuana). You could probably also count Cam Newton on that list, since Meyer suspended him for a season and he responded by transferring.

So most of the guys who got kicked off committed violent crimes, which raises the question of why Hernandez A. wasn't charged, even though the cops recommended felony battery charges and B. why Meyer didn't do anything since, according to the WSJ, the cops sent a summary report to the university so they could be aware of what happened. Honestly, punching some dude at The Swamp wasn't going to be an indicator that the guy would end up in a murder case and everyone's now digging up every dirtball thing Hernandez was ever involved in now. But still, if other players were kicked off for violent crimes, why wasn't Hernandez?
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

The other question I have is this (and I've been meaning to bring this up): When they arraigned Hernandez, the video footage I saw, he was just stone cold unemotional. Even when the cops went to his house, same thing. Speaking personally, if I got accused of murder and I was innocent, I'd be shitting my fucking pants (I also would've cooperated with the cops, but hey, I'm crazy like that).
Last edited by a1bion on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Nice long article:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... y_MostSent

Bonus pic:

What are you wearing to Odin's funeral? Lavender shirt, white Kangol.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Contents of the search warrants and the lists of items seized from Hernandez were unsealed today.

http://deadspin.com/what-did-police-fin ... -720845856
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

And now I just lost some respect for the Pounceys.

TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Nice job there Pounceys. Urbs made us Miami circa 1985.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Looks like they're going to try to prove the previous double-murder case, too.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/0 ... story.html
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

New evidence unsealed by the judge today, including pictures of Hernandez carrying a gun inside his house the night of the murder.