Fat acceptance people have won

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Obesity to be recognized as a disease by the AMA:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... n/2435701/
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Counterpoint (brought to my attention by this old thread):

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Yeah, I waited tables at a restaurant in college and you would see people come in who just didn't have any control. It was a steakhouse and they'd get the biggest steak on the menu with the sides and eat the whole thing. I'd order the same or smaller on my break and take half of it home with me to eat later. Used to gross me out seeing some of those people eat.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Couple years ago during a beer show I went with a bunch of guys down to Golden Corral. I'm a hell of a man, and I can eat a couple of plates of food and do your mom while the coffee's pouring -- that's the way kids are raised up in the Great Lake State. So I had my huge salad and my plate of the meats and then a dessert or two and some coffee, fuck yes.

But I was watching these terrifying families come in, man, just a menagerie of back problems and diabetes clothed in yards and yards of "track pants" and T-shirts. I mean, you're talking a half ton by the time you've weighed three of them, and I'm no little guy myself, but God damn. They came in enormous fucking vehicles. They dragged their leviathan asses in. They drank sodas by the bucket and they ate four, five plates of food, like shop vacs -- it was an awesome sight, and I mean awesome in the Old Testament sense of awesome. I was sore afraid.

There was this quiet little mouse of a bus girl, you know, clearing our plates and refilling drinks (I drink ice water unless you're serving bourbon, and Golden Corral ain't serving bourbon). She was about twenty-five and she was named Consuelo or something, obviously straight off the fucking bus from Guatemala or somewhere -- tiny little thing, doing this shit job that the white kids in Virginia won't do, probably clearing $30 a day for her work.

And I remember thinking, Jesus, Consuelo, this right here is the center of America. I don't mean Virginia. I mean Golden Corral. There is nothing more American than this.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Yeah, I'm a gentleman "of larger carriage" myself but it is really amazing how some people can abuse their bodies like that. It's really a spectacle.