Muschamp Signs Ten Year Extension Following Loss

Fuckbeans.
The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman

Post by The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman »

Will Muschamp signed a ten year extension with the University of Florida following the team's 34-17 loss to Vanderbilt yesterday. Despite the team's fourth straight loss on the season dropping them below .500 for the first time since 1992 and their 22 game winning streak versus the Commodores coming to an end, Athletic Director Jeremy Foley felt the time was right to extend Muschamp.

"We really feel like we have the next Kirk Ferentz here at Florida, so it made a lot of sense to lock him up for an insane number of years, which in no way will burden us," said Foley.

Florida is now 4-5 on the year, in a season that has been plagued by injuries, bad fortune, and questionable coaching. In addition, their consecutive bowl appearance streak of 22 seasons is now in jeopardy unless they can pull off two upsets in their remaining games against South Carolina, Georgia Southern, and FSU. Foley explained that the extension is a vote of confidence for Muschamp.

"He's our coach and this team's had a lot of bad luck, but this extension lets the fans, players, and recruits know that Will Muschamp and his brand of football are not going anywhere for a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. I think everyone will be relieved to know that. It's hard for a coach to do his job successfully if he has to worry about his job security. I think that has played a part in this season's woes and I blame myself for not rectifying this sooner."

The terms of the extension will bump Muschamp's annual salary from $2.4 million to $4.5. Bonuses include $500,000 if he wins six games in a season, $500,000 if he makes it to a bowl game in Shreveport, and $100 for every touchdown the Gators score.

Muschamp expressed much gratitude for the new contract. "I want to thank Jeremy for believing in me. We haven't been very good this year and that's on me, but I feel like we're about seven or eight years away from turning this thing around and this contract gives me the security I need to get it done. Rome wasn't built in a day and we're a blue collar team. We're gonna pack out lunch pale and go to work and sometimes the contractor drags his feet on a project and it delays construction, but it'll get done. Eventually. You're just gonna have to deal with it. I'm the contractor on this job. Do you want it done right or done quickly like your last contractor who seemingly did an outstanding job only to find out after he skipped town with your money that he did a shoddy job on the electrical and a further inspection found cracks in the foundation? I'll let you know when it's done, but it always helps to pay me up front."

When asked if he likes burning money, Foley responded, "No. Why do you ask?"

Notes: Fans showed their support throughout the game for Muschamp by yelling, "BOOOOOOM!" for his nickname Coach Boom...Tevin Westbrook caught his second pass of the season a week after Clay Burton caught a two-point conversion. Muschamp stressed after the game that there isn't a tight end controversy. "A tight end controversy can divide a team and that's not the case here. Clay is the starter. He gives us the best chance to win. Tevin's done a nice job making plays and helping our football team, but it's Clay's job."...Tyler Murphy finished the day 30/46 for 305 yards and in the process, silenced the critics that Florida doesn't throw enough or have a functional passing attack...Next week: Florida travels to South Carolina, not to play a game, but to kidnap Steve Spurrier and bring him back to Gainesville.

Courtesy of The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Thanks for the laugh.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.