Michael Vick update...ACCEPTED PLEA DEAL

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Emmitt weighs in...kind of.

I wish he'd take a stronger stand, but at least he's no Clinton Portis:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19889843/

Weegie

Post by Weegie »

Children and dogs should never be left alone together, period. There are exceptions, of course, as there are some dogs who would rather die than do anything to hurt one of their family members no matter what the situation; however, even very good dogs are often territorial regarding food and toys.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Yeah, I feel bad for my oldest because she is so ready for a dog, and Tatum would be fine too...but I'm not anywhere near getting one now. And some of you may have remembered my bad experience with two dogs that I got from a shelter a few years ago...Karson was about a year old I think. I had no idea what breed they were because as puppies they both looked like mutts...and the stupid "rescue" folks were not all to responsible because they gave them to me, knowing full well the age of my kids. Yes, I was stupid...but it would have helped if the rescue was more informative. Turns out one was part or all pitt (not the problem dog) and the other was part CHOW!!! Chows are NOT good with kids and after it snipped at Karson a few times (while I was watching and attending to them all), I had to give them back.

For me too...I just never bonded with those dogs. To this day, I feel guilty about it and I have vowed never to get another dog until I'm ready to be a mom again to one of them...not just a person who lets them out and feeds them.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

dogs don't need moms. they need leaders.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

One of Vick's Co-Defendants cops a plea...

which means he's going to sing like a bird:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952092

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

sweet...hopefully we'll get the whole story.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Best thing I've read is a woman who wrote into the FTU said he should be set free and allowed to play football. But when he does bad, we beat and electrocute him.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

LMAO...I like it

Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Best thing I've read is a woman who wrote into the FTU said he should be set free and allowed to play football. But when he does bad, we beat and electrocute him.

That rules. I can get behind that.
G8Rpmc

Post by G8Rpmc »

I agree that this entire subject of dog fighting is evil, disgusting, heartbreaking. I think Vick and people who do this cruel and inhumane activity should obviously be punished to the full extent of the law. I can hardly stand to think about it. Makes me feel sick.

I don't know much about pitt bulls, but I think on a monthly basis I hear reports on the news where a pitt bull has mauled a person. Just this week, somewhere in FL (Orlando?), the family pitt mauled his/her owner in the face when she was playing with the dog. She had to have over 900 stitches in her face! This was her loving pet! (That was stated in the news report.) The dog was put down per the family's request.

Not long ago, 2 or 4 pitts killed an elderly lady that lived next door to her. KILLED her! Can you imagine?? How often do you hear where a pack of other breeds of dogs kill people?

I remember when dobermans were getting so much bad press concerning attacking people/owners, etc. My mom had a doberman who was fiercly loyal to her. He was loveable and gentle towards her, but we were afraid that he was too protective of her and our family and would put him in a separate room when my boys were over there. He did bite (nip...like a warning) a friend of mine when she was sitting close to me on the couch. I was holding my newborn son, Mitch, and I think the dog was being protective because when she made a sudden movement towards me and the baby he nipped her and growled. She was afraid of dogs anyway, and I think the dog sensed something wasn't right. Anyway, he was so gentle in other ways....didn't even kill some baby birds he found that had fallen out of the nest. We have other stories like that concerning him. I don't see as many dobies around like I used too.

We've always had standard dachshunds...had one before Kyle was born. In all the years of the boys growing up, there were only 3 bites and each time the boy had jumped on or completely startled the dog. The dog was just reacting, and the bites were just nips anyway. Standards are usually more calm than mini's. I know some people can't stand dachies, as they had bad experiences with them.

Like Weg said, I think it is the individual dog, not so much the breed that is the problem, and how they are treated by their owners or other people.

Geeze, sorry to ramble. It's 3:48am here. I'm going back to bed to try to sleep.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

We've always had standard dachshunds...had one before Kyle was born. In all the years of the boys growing up, there were only 3 bites and each time the boy had jumped on or completely startled the dog. The dog was just reacting, and the bites were just nips anyway. Standards are usually more calm than mini's. I know some people can't stand dachies, as they had bad experiences with them.

My mom always had standard dachshunds and now we have a mini. I think dachshunds are just overprotective of themselves and their "people." That's the only time I've ever seen a dachshund get mean... when they thing someone is going to harm them or their family. But I love dachshunds. They are great dogs! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

One of Vick's Co-Defendants cops a plea...

which means he's going to sing like a bird:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2952092

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vick_co_defendant[/url]

Just responding to this with an update and more details. I think Hater is right about this, which is bad news -- oops, that's bad newz -- for Mike Vick.

On the other side of the coin, maybe the Falcons can establish a coherent offense this year.

[img]http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070726/capt.af705799fc564cae9152f663ea604c13.falcons_vick_arraignment_football_vahg120.jpg[/img]

That square-headed white boy in the back? He's the one who's gonna pass your tray of slop in through the slot in the bars.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Maybe I can pick up the guy who just pleaded out in my fantasy football league this year
Mlrtime

Post by Mlrtime »

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/Mlrtime/pic18467.jpg[/img]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

That's a good one, Mlr.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

[img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h103/Mlrtime/pic18467.jpg[/img]

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
Mlrtime

Post by Mlrtime »

I'M GONNA EAT DAT AZZZZZZZZZ
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vickco-defendant&prov=ap&type=lgns[/url]

Today'z bad newz for Americaz Mozt Famouz Herpez Zpreader:

The 'Bad Newz Kennels' operation and gambling monies were almost exclusively funded by Vick," a summary of facts supporting the plea agreement and signed by Taylor states.

The plea deal requires Taylor to testify against Vick and his two remaining co-defendants if called upon to do so. Taylor cannot get a stiffer sentence or face any new charges based on any new information he provides, according to terms of the agreement.

Additional charges are possible, however, against Vick and the other two. Federal prosecutors have said a superseding indictment will be issued in August.

Vick's lead attorney, Billy Martin, did not immediately return a phone message.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

any truth to the rumor that Vick has picked up a Hush Puppies endorsement?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

best article i've read on this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

It also must be noted – and I am not defending the sick behavior of anyone who a jury decides has committed an offense such as electrocuting a pit bull – that there are NFL players who've been charged with having committed deplorable crimes against actual human beings. Some of them have even been convicted, yet most of us manage to let it go when they do good things for the home team or emerge as value picks in the fantasy draft.

During my recent training camp travels, I stood in the St. Louis Rams' practice bubble watching 10th-year defensive end Leonard Little hone his impressive pass-rushing skills. The workout, which had been moved inside because of concerns about the hellacious heat, was closed to the public, but I didn't see any picketers outside.

To jog your memory, Little was the player who in 1998 drove home after celebrating his birthday, ran a red light in downtown St. Louis and caused a collision that killed another motorist, 47-year-old Susan Gutweiler. A breath test measured his blood-alcohol level at 0.19 percent, nearly twice the legal limit, and he eventually pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter and spent 90 days in jail. When he returned to the Rams after an eight-game NFL suspension, Mothers Against Drunk Driving protested outside a Rams game, but few people outside of St. Louis seemed to notice, and Little went on to become one of the league's premier pass rushers.

It's a horrible story, but it might have contained at least a slightly redemptive touch had Little assuaged his guilt by urging others never to make the same mistake. He could have become a vocal and visible spokesman for consuming alcohol responsibly. He could have used his platform as a star athlete to try to save the lives of future drunk-driving victims.

Instead, Little drank and drove again. In 2004, Little was arrested for driving while intoxicated after being pulled over in Ladue, Mo., for speeding at 3:44 a.m. The arresting officer's affidavit stated that Little had "bloodshot, watery eyes and emitted an odor of alcohol;" that he had "attempted and failed three sobriety tests;" and that the player had "admitted to drinking alcoholic beverages."

Little, charged with a felony for driving while intoxicated as a persistent offender, was later acquitted after his lawyer convinced a jury that the arresting officer hadn't followed proper procedures in conducting the field-sobriety tests. Though another officer testified that he had administered a breath-alcohol test at the scene which showed that Little's blood-alcohol content was nearly double the legal limit of .08 percent, the test was inadmissible under Missouri law because of the unreliability of portable equipment. (After arriving at the police station, Little had refused to take a second breath-alcohol test.)
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Point about Leonard Little taken -- but for which crime are we pillorying him? The manslaughter -- for which he bears the guilt of negligence and recklessness, if not exactly intent -- or his recidivism, which is clearly reprehensible, and also volitional, though hardly heinous in the act or its effect?

None of those dogs got drowned, body-slammed, or electrocuted by accident.
Weegie

Post by Weegie »

^^Exactly, Toothy.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Point about Leonard Little taken -- but for which crime are we pillorying him? The manslaughter -- for which he bears the guilt of negligence and recklessness, if not exactly intent -- or his recidivism, which is clearly reprehensible, and also volitional, though hardly heinous in the act or its effect?

None of those dogs got drowned, body-slammed, or electrocuted by accident.

Intent is a farce IMO when it comes to "moral" judgment. Legally, yes they are starkly contrasted. My morals do not agree with such contrast, because personally, I do not believe in the human capacity for "intentional" action.

Yes, I'm a lunatic (we all knew that long ago, no?). But I simply cannot accept free will in the moral/ethical debate.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

How in the sam hell can you not believe in intent??

nevermind...don't answer that...I don't want an argument

UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

With everyone selling him out, I guess Vick figured it was time to cop a plea:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2972161