Michael Vick update...ACCEPTED PLEA DEAL

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

How in the sam hell can you not believe in intent??

nevermind...don't answer that...I don't want an argument

i can answer--no need for an argument. i know my position is out there because i've talked to hundreds of people on this topic. i'm cool with that--i don't evangelize re: my beliefs.

it all comes down to a belief i hold that in order for the will to be free it can't be caused by anything before it and i have yet to see a good explanation (other than randomness) as to how intention can come about on its own accord, without an antecedent cause.

and i agree that life feels to me like i am an intentional being. but logically i cannot even begin to wrap my head around how it might work and thus i think it is unfair for me to decide the values by which other humans are to be judged.

that's my thoughts.

no worries if you think i'm a lunatic.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

lol i'm having this same argument in the pub. this is cracking me up.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

whether there are antecedent causes or not...I know there are many times I have intended to do something and did it.

For instance...tonight I intend to have a few beers...adn I will...this weekend I intend to golf...and I will (barring rain). I have intended to cuss people out before...and did...

newsgator

Post by newsgator »

[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t282/news_gator/ATT00147.gif[/img]
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
radbag

Post by radbag »

great thread...i'm enjoying the back and forth.
Mlrtime

Post by Mlrtime »

(WSB Radio) When it comes to filing a lawsuit, Jonathan Lee Riches doesn't fool around.
The South Carolina inmate has filed a suit against Falcons quarterback Michael Vick. It's connected to the dog fighting charges surrounding Vick, but goes much farther than that.

Riches, who, apparently is trying to live up to his name, is seeking $63 billion dollars in damages. Yes, billions.

He claims Vick stole two white pit bulls from his home in Holliday, Florida, then used them in his dog fighting operation. But the allegations don't stop there.

Riches goes on to say in a hand written document filed with the courts, that Vick then sold the dogs on eBay, and used the proceeds to buy missiles from the Iranian government.

The complaint also alleges Vick needed the missiles because he has pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda.

Riches is seeking $63 billion "backed by gold and silver," to be delivered to the front gate of the Williamsburg Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is serving time for wire fraud.

In his paper, Riches writes, "Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes."

Neither Vick nor his attorney could be reached for comments.

http://wsbradio.com/news/081507vicksuit.html
mommygator

Post by mommygator »

News, I LOVE that pic!
radbag

Post by radbag »

jonathan lee riches = high on crack
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Riches goes on to say in a hand written document filed with the courts, that Vick then sold the dogs on eBay, and used the proceeds to buy missiles from the Iranian government.

The complaint also alleges Vick needed the missiles because he has pledged allegiance to Al Qaeda.

Riches is seeking $63 billion "backed by gold and silver," to be delivered to the front gate of the Williamsburg Correctional facility in South Carolina. Riches is serving time for wire fraud.

In his paper, Riches writes, "Michael Vick has to stop physically hurting my feelings and dashing my hopes."

My sides are hurting, I'm laughing so hard at this.
radbag

Post by radbag »

[img]http://fanaticking.com/photos/Michael_Vick_Dog.jpg[/img]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

great thread...i'm enjoying the back and forth.

Mostly back.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

[img]http://fanaticking.com/photos/Michael_Vick_Dog.jpg[/img]

Well, now that dog has herpes, so I'm not going to have sex with it.
radbag

Post by radbag »

(WSB Radio) When it comes to filing a lawsuit, Jonathan Lee Riches doesn't fool around.
The South Carolina inmate has filed a suit against Falcons quarterback Michael Vick. It's connected to the dog fighting charges surrounding Vick, but goes much farther than that.

Riches, who, apparently is trying to live up to his name, is seeking $63 billion dollars in damages. Yes, billions.

He claims Vick stole two white pit bulls from his home in Holliday, Florida, then used them in his dog fighting operation. But the allegations don't stop there.

Neither Vick nor his attorney could be reached for comments.

http://wsbradio.com/news/081507vicksuit.html

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/radbag/angelina/greatlawsuit1.jpg[/img]
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I like how Riches puts a copyright symbol after his name. I also like how he's suing for copyright infringement. That's awesome!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Yeah, especially since you don't copyright your name...you can trademark your name...it should be a TM...you can only copyright a creative work...so if he wanted to copyright his letter, he'd need to put a (C) Jackass at the bottom.
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

This [url=http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2006-04-13/fineprint2.shtml]ain't the first time[/url] that Jonathan Lee Riches has sued someone.

We don't know much about Jonathan Lee Riches. According to a 2004 Houston Chronicle article, the current resident of the Federal Correctional Institution Williamsburg in Salters, S.C., pleaded guilty to his involvement in an identity theft/credit card fraud ring.

But we do know this: The guy's a comic genius. Dude penned perhaps the most engrossing and amusing legal document ever. Faint praise? You be the judge (download full PDF).

On March 9, Riches filed a prisoner civil rights suit (2:06-cv-01055-LP) in Philadelphia's U.S. District Court complete with a 57-page defendant list crammed with luminaries both living (President Bush, Grace Jones) and dead (George Orwell, Malcolm X), as well as nonentities like the Magna Carta, http://www.accuweather.com and Skittles candy (see list below). It's a magnificent, flowing piece of free-association blame-core.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

More suits by this guy:

http://dockets.justia.com/search.py?que ... =&mode=rss

Note that he sued Vick TWICE this year.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I just about died trying to take a phone call without laughing as I read through the list of defendents in that second article.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

OMG....he sued the Tsunami Victims...and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children...to go along with defendant "Planet Pluto"....

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Doc,

I can't open your second link for some reason.

radbag

Post by radbag »

he sued john doe for christ sake.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Search that Justia site just by this cat's name. His lawsuit against Jewish Mossad and Larry King is priceless. His asked damages? 211,429,399,000,000 trillion dollars! This guy is a genius!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

The Mennonnite Church...LMAO....

I want to read the actual complaint.

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

He sued both Barry Bonds and Bud Selig, so he can't be all that bad.

Edit: He also included Hank Aaron's bat as a defendent on that one.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

whether there are antecedent causes or not...I know there are many times I have intended to do something and did it.

For instance...tonight I intend to have a few beers...adn I will...this weekend I intend to golf...and I will (barring rain). I have intended to cuss people out before...and did...

please refer to my post above:

and i agree that life feels to me like i am an intentional being

i'm making a distinction between the feeling and the objective (or logical) possibility of free will working in such a way as to give human beings something that, causally, functions like intention has been supposed to function.

if we can agree for a moment that free will can only be defined subjectively, then i refuse to trust judgments based on it. at that point it cannot be rational because there are too many factors, too many feelings we have, too many thoughts in our head.

but more than that--and here's the real rub--let's say i agree...like above...that it feels like we are intentional beings...so, what is the cause of your action (to golf)? your intention, right?

what i'm interested in is that some thing has to cause your intention. obviously, IMO, it is usually myriad factors that contribute to it. but. that set of factors combined necessarily caused you to intend to golf. now. those factors are largely out of your control, would you agree?

if that set of factors is largely out of your control and they necessarily cause your intent to golf, it seems odd for you to be judged for that. now, of course you might say that there's something extra added to the equation, some X factor of our personality and whatnot. but everything we stem from is completely outside our intent. all those subjective factors are just more nuanced sets of outside factors.