scary for the democrats

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

scary for the democrats

Post by radbag »

McCain is leading Obama by more and more electoral votes as time passes

http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/O ... May22.html

Electoral Votes: Obama 242 McCain 285 Ties 11

and just for shits and giggles:
http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2008/C ... May22.html

Electoral Votes: Clinton 310 McCain 211 Ties 1

fwiw - but it looks like mccain has a nice head start and the gop hasn't even started to unload on barack.
urapnes

scary for the democrats

Post by urapnes »

that's scary for the country, not just democrats.
TTBHG

scary for the democrats

Post by TTBHG »

If Obama wins the nomination and it looks like he will, this will be a tough election for me. I don't want to vote for either of them.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

scary for the democrats

Post by a1bion »

Bomb bomb bomb
Bomb bomb Iran!

/johnmccain
annarborgator

scary for the democrats

Post by annarborgator »

If I somehow end up voting I'll prolly write in Ron Paul.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
a1bion

scary for the democrats

Post by a1bion »

You could vote for Bob Barr, too, aa. He's running as a Libertarian.
DocZaius

scary for the democrats

Post by DocZaius »

Obama's gonna get slaughtered in November, but I don't think there'll be a coattail effect for the House and Senate. Republicans are in real danger of losing more seats in both houses.
TheTodd

scary for the democrats

Post by TheTodd »

depending on who is running mate will be I think Obama can give McCain a run for his money.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TTBHG

scary for the democrats

Post by TTBHG »

Who would it have to be?
I am the law, bitches!
TheTodd

scary for the democrats

Post by TheTodd »

I don't think Hillary would be a good choice. Edwards didn't really help out four years ago but he would be a better choice than Hillary IMO. I'm not sure though. I will say that it'll be interesting to see what the RNC can try and dig up on Obama because Hillary is a master at that kind of stuff and they couldn't really find much against him outside of that preacher dude. Personally I'm considering Obama as it appears that McCain has sold his soul, which I can certainly understand that is what it takes to get where he is, but I'm afraid he has lost himself.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
a1bion

scary for the democrats

Post by a1bion »

Who would it have to be?

Jay Z
Snoop
RZA
annarborgator

scary for the democrats

Post by annarborgator »

You could vote for Bob Barr, too, aa. He's running as a Libertarian.

Bob Barr doesn't seem nearly as free-minded as Paul.
urapnes

scary for the democrats

Post by urapnes »

my choices for obama's running mate are:

Joe Biden - not going to happen, i think he'll be a terrific sentate majority leader
Bill Richardson - quality governor, bipartisan support, excellent foreign policy
Gen Wesley Clark - has been dead on with his foreign policy analysis and has strong credibility with military issues

in reality, the VP spot doesn't matter. i think obama is going to run away with it just like he did with the democratic nomination. it's going to to take massive swift boating to tear him down. it's already begun and the media just lets it go, hell, they promulgate it. the guilty by association is accepted when it comes to obama but mccain does not get the same treatment. hopefully that will change when hillary gets the message she lost and it's officially obama v mccain.
AdGator02

scary for the democrats

Post by AdGator02 »

i wanted wesley clark to be president way back when.

how can you say obama ran away with the democratic nomination? being sarcastic?
TheTodd

scary for the democrats

Post by TheTodd »

BTW, urap. The guy responsible for the swift boat thing is now working for the RNC. He is there to dig up dirt on Obama.

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/ ... 53547.aspx
IHateUGAlyDawgs

scary for the democrats

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

the level to which I disagree with you can not be overstated. I will however, bite my tongue from saying anything further.

TTBHG

scary for the democrats

Post by TTBHG »

the level to which I disagree with you can not be overstated. I will however, bite my tongue from saying anything further.

Pussy.

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/popcorn1.gif[/img]
I am the law, bitches!
annarborgator

scary for the democrats

Post by annarborgator »

And I appreciate your support, addy.
urapnes

scary for the democrats

Post by urapnes »

how can you say obama ran away with the democratic nomination? being sarcastic?

after obama ran a string of 11 straight vicories, it was effectively over after the texas and ohio primaries. north carolina and indiana were the nails in the coffin.
RickySlade

scary for the democrats

Post by RickySlade »

I'm not sure who I'll be voting for...I might just go into the booth and pull the lever without selecting a candidate.
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
RickySlade

scary for the democrats

Post by RickySlade »

Have you ever voted for a Republican?
Have you ever voted for a Democrat?
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
TTBHG

scary for the democrats

Post by TTBHG »

Just for fun and because I don't really care for either candidate. I will sell my vote to the highest bidder. Contest starts now!
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

scary for the democrats

Post by urapnes »

i have voted republican. never on a national election though. over the course of the past 10 years, the state of florida has been taken over by the republican party and it's just about killed the way of life i grew up with down in south florida. mass development and fiscal irresponsibility have given me a very bad taste for republicans.

i hope these past 6 years causes the republican party to become conservative again, and not the regan style "conservative", real conservatives. ones who believe that responsible government is more thatn just massive tax cuts and preaching fiscal responsibility while running huge deficits.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

scary for the democrats

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Have you ever voted for a Republican?
Have you ever voted for a Democrat?

For President? No, but this will only be my 2nd time voting in a Presidential election. I turned 18 in 2001.

I have voted Democrat locally, though.

Typically (not always) Democrat ideals vary greatly from mine (except for social issues like abortion - which I don't feel should be a political question).

That said, I'm also one that has become more and more disenfranchised with the Republican Party as they seem to have become more concerned with saving unborn lives than they are about fixing the problems for those of us that are actually alive. push come to shove, though, the republican ideals are closer to me than the democrat ideals.

slideman67

scary for the democrats

Post by slideman67 »

Obama's gonna get slaughtered in November, but I don't think there'll be a coattail effect for the House and Senate. Republicans are in real danger of losing more seats in both houses.

I disagree my friend. McCain is going to lose in a Goldwater style loss landslide - appropriate since McCain replaced Goldwater. Plus, Democrats are going to make big gains in both the House and the Senate.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.