The Palins Are The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I take back what I said about her being a bad candidate for VP. She's awesome. I hope she does run in 2012.
The McCain-Palin campaign is over, but Wardrobe-gate lives on. More embarrassing details have emerged about Sarah Palin's infamous shopping sprees -- including even more designer duds, plus sprayed-on tans and fancy underwear.

On top of the $150,000 first outlined in Federal Election Commission filings, Palin spent "tens of thousands of dollars" on additional clothing, makeup and jewelry for herself and her family, including $40,000 in luxury goods for her husband, Todd, our colleague Michael Shear reports. The campaign was charged for silk boxer shorts, spray tanners and 13 suitcases to carry all the designer clothes, according to two GOP insiders.

"The shopping continued after the convention in Minneapolis, it continued all around the country," one source said. "She was still receiving shipments of custom-designed underpinnings up to her 'Saturday Night Live' performance" in October. Sources said expenses were put on the personal credit cards of low-level Palin staffers and discovered when they asked party officials for reimbursement.

Newsweek reports that top McCain aides were stunned by the huge tab, especially after adviser Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three outfits for the convention and three for the campaign trail, with a budget of $25,000; instead, the nominee racked up six-figure bills at high-end department stores. "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," a McCain aide sniffed to the magazine.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/2008/11/rs-palin7.html

You really have to love the fact that they brought her on board to attack imaginary "elitists" then turn around and call her and her family "hillbillies." That's rich.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

They are truly comical white trash.

Did you see that Sarah didn't know that Africa was a continent and couldn't name the countries in NAFTA - the NORTH AMERICAN Free Trade agreement?

There was even some rumors of her holding the shotgun wedding of her daughter to the baby daddy before the election in an attempt to engender good will with this country.

I truly hope she is the nominee in 2012. It would be a landslide re-election for Obama.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
radbag

Post by radbag »

i for one know how much it costs to dress nicely...it's not cheap....you can't expect a new to the national scene VP nominee dressed as if she shops at marshall's.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

I think people are making some things up (like her not knowing that Africa is a continent). I don't like her views at all, but I don't see the need to throw her under the bus.

As for the clothes, if she's my size, I'd love to know where those suits are being donated. I'd be pissed if I donated to the Rep. party, but I didn't, so I don't really care. Had I been one of those staffers, I would be livid beyond belief. Somebody better cover the interest charges on their cards.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

The fact you used the term " white trash" tells me everything I need to know about your imaginary caste system.
It must be awesome being you.
Star Kings Forever!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

OH COME FUCKING ON!!!! Spare me your fake indignation - her own fucking party members were referring to her family as The Beverly Hilbillies!
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Calm down, cracker.
Star Kings Forever!
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

I truly hope she is the nominee in 2012. It would be a landslide re-election for Obama.
Hell no...I want a viable option in case Obama sucks.
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
radbag

Post by radbag »

in case obama sucks, anyone the GOP puts out there'll win....no need to find a black repub then.
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

You'd vote for Palin? I realize that a lot can change in four years, but...
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

lmao at this thread.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
urapnes

Post by urapnes »

so....the dems were right about palin? say it ain't so!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I think it's stupid to throw her under the bus and I don't believe for a second the allegations.  I heard a radio interview with her from a station in Alaska...by the way, hearing her talk freely with no editing is vastly different from any other way you may have seen her talk...anyway, her response to all the backstabbing was pretty logical...she thought it weird and some of things said were "flippin' bizarre".  And there have been numerous people who worked with her come out and say it's not true, including non-partisan folks who have nothing to gain.  I for one, hope she continues to be a good public servant and leads by example in whatever she chooses to do.

As far as 2012, it all depends.  It depends on the job Obama does in the next four years...it depends on who sort of leads the GOP over the next 4 years as well.  There are quite a few that I am interested in and Palin is one of them.  But so are Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan, Mittens and Huckaby too.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=79AD70A9-18FE-70B2-A8958C5157CF9D2B
Okay, let's try this!

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.