AnnArbor is a liar and an antisemite

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=89629&page=3

It sounds like you're saying that Israel isn't affiliated with Jews. Sorry but I ignored your post at that point. Sorry if I disheveled any yarmulkes. And believe me, I have no problem with the Jewish people as a culture any more so than any other culture. We are all screwed up. It sounds like you'd rather give the Jews a pass to do whatever they feel is right no matter the consequences. That's fine. I'm a little more skeptical than that and probably less politically correct than you.

And no, I don't attribute Israel's acts to every Jew in the world. But of the thousands of Jews I've known and been friends with in my lifetime, I've never heard a single person utter a word that was critical of Israel. Maybe it's just a basic circling of the wagons because of what they've been through. Just sayin, I've never really heard Jews criticize Israel's acts of war in any meaningful way.
You are obviously more interested in "Jews" than in Israel. The two words are not interchangeable. My impression of your post was determined as soon as I read that. Sorry if I disheveled your white hood. It sounds like you'd rather condemn the "Jews" no matter what they do. I agree, you are obviously very skeptical of anything to do with the "Jews".

You don't attribute Israel's acts to every Jew in the world? Yet, you are fairly consistent in referring to "Jews" instead of Israel. The most absurd part of your post is when you refer to the thousands of Jews you have known and been friends with and then stereotyping them to a single view point. I doubt you know a single Jew, never mind thousands, and certainly have not held a meaningful conversation with a Jew on the subject, if you have not heard a Jew criticize a single action by the government of Israel in regards to military action.
LOL!
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

I can help here.

-The Israeli government is 100% wrong to release thousands of Palestinian criminals as a good will gesture to a 'state' that denies its right to exist. Those criminals will turn around and happily lob rockets the next day.
-Trading hundreds of live criminals for a dead soldier's remains is also ridiculously stupid.
-Giving up land to terrorists is absurd.

Ta da.

AA knew he was pushing buttons with the "disheveled yarmulkes" comment, and he got the desired response.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

It's been a pretty great fucking thread LOL. I've come to sickeningly enjoy their libel.

Ad the reason I made that comment is it was pretty clear that the thread was going to be almost 100% biased in favor of Israel. That conflict is so complicated that there's no reason to blindly support one side unless you're just an absolute retard of a person. People siding wholly with one or the other is the reason it will never end. Both sides have fault and both sides are absolute idiots in the way they deal with each other.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

I only read the quote on this thread, not the original one. I'm sure you're just having fun stirring the pot.

I agree that blind support is ignorant, but how much do you really know about the situation? I don't know enough, but know people who do. My mother has lived in Israel a couple times and a friend from high school is living in a Palestinian area working for a NGO.

I feel bad for civilians who are living under a regime that prefers violence to food, but I'm not sure how Israel can or should help. Would you help people who constantly aim to hurt you and think it's their religious duty to dispose of you? Those people are the cast-offs of the Arab world. When they receive aid, it's primarily weapons to inflict harm on Israel, not food or medicine. Arabs regularly receive medical care in Israel. I think Israel is stupid to give and give and put up with shit, but I guess they have to based off geography and the sham of a peace process.

Israelis took that land and turned in into a thriving nation with high tech and other industries. Maybe if Palestinians tried to build a nation, rather than just destroy one (Israel), things would be a little better in that area. In the meantime, keep in mind that this latest issue is with Hamas, a terrorist (as designated by multiple nations) organization. The Palestinian people have their own issues to deal with outside of Israel because Hamas and Fatah are in a constant power struggle. Sadly, that's been a saving grace for Israel lately. As long as they're fighting each other, they're preoccupied.

Is it right for Israel to defend itself against a terrorist organization? I think so. Israel has been defensive, not offensive. If the rockets stopped (for real), there'd be no military movement.

Israel provides that Gaza with utilities that the Palestinian government can't provide because it's inept. If anything, I think Israel's fault lies with providing anything to those areas (hell, providing those areas to begin with). You want access to Gaza? Go through Egypt. Go through the Med. Send aid (not Iranian weapons) that way. Israel should stop the blockade, but only for humanitarian efforts, not weapons. This business of tunnels into Israel to let terrorists bring in weapons is complete BS. I think they should put up a massive electric fence that goes 10 ft into the ground with a concrete foundation that goes a couple more feet below, but I'm not the sort to put up with annoying neighbors for too long. Besides, I'm sure they can't do that because the rest of the Arab world would throw a tantrum, which could cause a real war.

:offsoapbox:
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Israelis took that land
Interesting choice of words. I know it was given to them but their title to the land is tenuous like everyone else. Of course, you must realize I don't see where any nation naturally derives its authority to control any piece of land. All governments control territory through the threat or use of force and it's a lie we all allow to continue.

I realize Israel is between a rock and a hard place. But I will never support retribution as a motivation for violence. Not even if someone killed a family member or close friend. I know that probably makes zero sense to you but it is my worldview. The biggest problem faced in that part of the world is pride. Pride is a wasteful, destructive human emotion, IMO.

Appreciate your thoughts on the subject...always interesting.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

The land was given to them, as you stated. I assume you know what I meant by that sentence. Israel as a country gave Gaza to Palestinians who took it and made it a shithole. Israel took the land given to them (by God, if you so choose to believe or by WWII if you prefer) and developed a nation.

As far as retribution, I'm not following your logic. If someone shot a rocket onto your parents' land today, would you simply shrug it off and expect your parents to do the same? You said if someone killed a family member, you wouldn't seek retribution. You wouldn't expect any form of justice? Why are you going to law school again?
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

Just read this article. I agree with the stance of President Bush and Sec. Rice.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081230/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_mideast
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I must admit that I'm a bit surprised that cjgator has jumped on the "AA is antisemitic" bandwagon, as he's usually very reasonable.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

As far as retribution, I'm not following your logic. If someone shot a rocket onto your parents' land today, would you simply shrug it off and expect your parents to do the same?

I'm not sure I would merely shrug it off. I imagine I would attempt to find who shot the rocket and discern the reason for their violence toward us. I would not strike back with more violence.
You said if someone killed a family member, you wouldn't seek retribution. You wouldn't expect any form of justice?
I don't believe retribution is just. In reality, there is likely no just response to murder.
Why are you going to law school again?
First of all let's not let justice get all wrapped up with the workings of our legal system. Our legal system is built on control rather than justice. Practicing law, I believe, is the highest possible use of my analytic talents. It's the most complex system that regularly impacts people's lives in meaningful and powerful ways. Helping people navigate the litany of laws that control their lives through force seems noble to me, especially given my disdain for the evils wrought by our legal system.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

wow, AA. I don't know if it's just you being more open....or if you really have (and are continuing to) morph into a tinfoil hat stage of paranoia.

bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

You can't win with Pro-"Palestinian" fuckheads. They suscribe to a mythological history that disregards the presence of military superiority as a stabilizing bulwark for the Jewish state.
While I'm no fan of bloodshed, defending the "Palestinians" is like rushing to the aid of a six year old who swings a stick at a bear.
Star Kings Forever!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

wow, AA. I don't know if it's just you being more open....or if you really have (and are continuing to) morph into a tinfoil hat stage of paranoia.
What leads you to believe I may be becoming more paranoid? My characterization of the legal system above? Or something else?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

the whole range of topics of late.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

the whole range of topics of late.
Copout...

So...I'll do my best to extrapolate what you mean...questioning if the federal government is violating laws, questioning Israel's actions, being skeptical of giving regular policemen the power to torture from a distance at the touch of a button, being against the federal reserve, wondering if the military industrial complex has too much power, wanting marijuana legalized, and wondering if 2 foreign nuclear powers are in the process of staring WWIII....that means I am unreasonable to the point of ignoring anything I say?

Because that's what the tinfoil analogy comes down to. It's a way for the power structure to belittle and minimize any and all skepticism. You've already swallowed their drivel hook line and sinker so I don't expect you to agree or even be sympathetic to my skepticism but to dismiss all of it as pure conspiracy theory is irrational and slightly retarded.

Do you just hate me because I got into UF law while you had to go to FSU? I mean seriously man. I'm fucking confused here. I might need you to explain it to me like I'm a 3rd grader. It seems like you've never learned the value of a good question. I understand you probably believe there are neat little packaged answers to everything that comes up in life because sooner or later the government will tell you the answer and that's much easier than trying to find the truth yourself.

You work for the state right? Just want to make sure I understand your worldview within this context. If they signed my paychecks I would tow the company line too, buddy. Makes perfect sense.

Seriously, drop the bomb on me. I want to hear what you have to say and I'm an adult and perfectly capable of hearing/reading your true thoughts. It seriously won't hurt my feelings one bit. No charades necessary here. Are you saying that because I don't believe in government that I'm "tinfoil"? Because that's quite a powerful comeback. : :)
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

And by the way...after you've watched your beloved "justice system" take a bright, personable family member of yours who happens to be a casual marijuana smoker when he or she is 18/19 and turn them into a corpse by 35, I might give a little credence to your blind faith in all things government. Until then, I doubt you will ever have any capacity to recognize the hell you bring to people's lives by perpetuating the fraud. Your choice, not mine, brother.

I'll wave when you're goosestepping by my prison camp.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Do you just hate me because I got into UF law while you had to go to FSU?
Damn, dude. Them's fightin' words if I ever heard 'em.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Im going to keep quiet on this thread....my opinions are along the same as AdGator and BG, only quite a bit more aggressive. Just gonna leave it at that.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Damn, dude. Them's fightin' words if I ever heard 'em.
I'm just tired of being undermined in such a bullshit way. If there are criticisms for my positions I'm all for hearing and discussing them. But just saying all of my grievances are tinfoil is taking the lazy way out.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Copout...
No, it's not. I answered your question.
Do you just hate me because I got into UF law while you had to go to FSU?
Ok, for starters, no, I don't hate you. I fail to grasp where you come from on most issues, but I don't hate you. I typically enjoy your posts on the other forums on this board. That said, I don't give a flying rat's ass where you go to law school. Especially as it relates to where I went to law school. Was it my first choice? No. However, if I was dead set against the idea of going to FSU I wouldn't have applied in the first place. To wit: I did not apply there for undergrad.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

As for the rest of it, I'll respond later, when I have the appropriate amount of time. I'm headed out now for Jacksonville for the weekend. If I get a chance while I'm there, I'll drop you a line. If not, I'll respond when I get back.

In the meantime, have a happy new year.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

No worries.

From time to time I lash out when I get to the point of feeling continuously belittled and my views marginalized. The law school line was me lashing out....FSU law is, in reality, superior to UF law in several ways from what I've been able to gather.
radbag

Post by radbag »

that's a bit over the top no? accusing someone of being jealous about what school they went to? c'mon dog...you're better than that.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

FSU law is, in reality, superior to UF law in several ways from what I've been able to gather.
It's been a while since I was in law school, but F$U often has a higher percentage of graduates who pass the bar exam than UF.

I've heard that this can be attributed to F$U preparing its students to take the bar, whereas the professors at UF are more of the ivory-tower, publish-or-perish type.

I have no idea if this is true.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Also, this is what you get if you hire a lawyer with an F$U law degree:

(I keed, I keed)
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

that's a bit over the top no? accusing someone of being jealous about what school they went to? c'mon dog...you're better than that.
The tinfoil shit gets on my nerves man. As a society we refuse to ask tough questions and I'm tired of it. My questioning everything, including the things that most are afraid to question, is no reason for anyone to insinuate that I suffer from paranoid delusions.