Economy-wide cap and trade in the future?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Implement an economy-wide cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/energy_and_environment/

So Obama wants to implement an entirely unproven system across our entire economy, huh? THAT sounds intelligent. Actually, it makes zero sense to any rational person walking the earth.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

As opposed to the head in the sand, do nothing approcach of the previous regime, which, along with most of his other policies, made zero sense for any rational person walking the Earth?
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Sometimes doing nothing does less harm than doing something if that something is implemented prematurely or improperly. There are more options than 1) doing nothing and 2) an economy wide cap and trade system. The world is more complicated than that, despite your continuous refusal to acknowledge anything outside of the realm comprised of W and Obama.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I am perfectly aware of that. And I am also aware that you are condeming a policy that hasn't even had time to take effect yet - essentially saying it is a loser before it even starts.

The time for new ideas is now - of did you miss that message from the last election? Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. But in my opinion, it is better than nothing.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Just remember my caution when we become Wile E. Coyote--our feet kicking the air beneath us furiously but finding no purchase. Once we're off the cliff there's nobody to bail us out.