".......change you can believe in.......just not in 18 months"

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

wtf?!

the O-dawg on the jon stewart entertainment hour show...the quote struck me and i just don't know where to begin
“When we promised during the campaign change you can believe in, it wasn’t change you can believe in 18 months, It was change you can believe in, but you know what, we’re going to have to work for it,” Obama said.
http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/television/general/view.bg?articleid=1292129&srvc=rss
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Obama is changing his message to deal with the realities that ordinary people pointed out a couple of years ago. Take, for example, his whole turnaround on "shovel-ready" projects to be funded by the stimulus bill:

http://www.coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/2010/10/obama-only-2-years-behind-random-bloggers.html

Me, in January 2009:

But there is an even better reason why the stimulus bill will never work: it is simply impossible to break ground on any new government construction project in less than a year.A year from now, any truly new incremental project in the stimulus bill will still be sitting on some planners desk with unfinished environmental impact assessments, the subject of arguments between multiple government agencies, tied up in court with environmental or NIMBY challenges, snarled in zoning fights, subject to conflicts between state, county, and city governments, or all of the above. Most of the money will have been spent by planners, bureaucrats, and lawyers, with little to show for in actual facilities.

Obama, in October 2010

In the magazine article, Mr. Obama reflects on his presidency, admitting that he let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend Democrat,” realized too late that “there’s no such thing as shovel-ready projects”

How smart can the guy be if it takes him two years to figure out what random schmoes like me thought was obvious?
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Sorry, but I never bought into the whole unicorns and rainbow philosophy. The only thing he did was put his foot on the gas in the same car W was driving at the end of 08.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Obama sucks bankster cock. Like every other fucking politician that will EVAR be elected.

Politics is NOT the answer people. WAKE THE HELL UP.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.