Why is Casey Anthony national news?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The media gives its customer base what it demands, sadly. The only time I turn on the news is for another input of realtime news during a major event like the japanese tsunami. And then I usually have the american media muted while I'm streaming something better (aka more local than the national american media) online or paying more attention to FB/twitter updates.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

[quote=slideman67]AMEN Brother! More importantly, isn't there news on that makes an actual difference in our daily lives?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. But how many in their viewing audience are both capable of understanding and interested in hearing about such news? My guess is less than 11% at best. Just a wild ass guess, though.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

This could certainly devolve into another thread but TV news has been ruined by CNN.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

You might be right, AA. There was a poll during the OJ trial that more people knew who Judge Ito was than their own Congressman. And when more people vote for American Idiot than in an actual election, I just want to smack people for being dumbasses.

There are a whole lot of people I would like to smack upside the head for being dumbassed morons! I suspect many of you do too.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

[quote=TheTodd]This could certainly devolve into another thread but TV news has been ruined by CNN.[/QUOTE]

I used to not think this, but now I do. There are too many talking heads on TV that are more interested in making a name for themselves than in actually reporting news. And don't even get me started on the propaganda tool that Fox "News" is.

Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Morrow must be spinning in their graves now.......
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

DAMMIT! Another Mr Moviefone review prempted by the Casey Anthony story! When the fuck is this shit going away???!!!!

Sorry for shouting and yes I know this is a minor annoyance. Just needed a place to vent. ARGH!
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Moviefone? 555-FILK?
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Hopefully she'll get some street justice when she's released, so we won't have to hear about her anymore.

(Sorry. I did I just write that?)
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Why is there more crap about her on the news again? She pre-empted Headline News once again. Will this story never end?
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Now we are seeing ads for her parents being interviewed by Dr. Phil. Will this story ever go away?