Trayvon Martin

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

[quote=UFgirlfan07]So what do you all think of the latest news?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/justice/f ... ?hpt=hp_c1[/QUOTE]

His attorneys are as stupid as he is. That's what I think.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I didn't read the article, yet, but I'm assuming this is in reference to his attorneys bailing out. Could mean a lot of things. Most likely means nothing.

Could be anything from he hasn't paid, to they have a conflict, to they just want no more part of this shitshow, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they have also received threats.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

They said he hadn't been in contact with them and defied their advice not to contact the media or the special prosecutor, which apparently he did. Not a lot of confidence in the guy's judgment if he goes off on his own and does shit like that against his attorneys' advice.

I think he probably has the ability to pay them something, as his father has set up a legal defense fund, so it's probably not the money.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

Yeah, that's just moronic to not heed advice. However, the dude must be pretty convinced he has the story correct to contact the prosecutor on his own.

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

Schizophrenics believe that their hallucinations are real.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

[quote=DocZaius]Schizophrenics believe that their hallucinations are real.[/QUOTE]

I never said it was a valid belief.

TheTodd

Trayvon Martin

Post by TheTodd »

News reporting that charges are coming against Zimmerman. Dude best flea the country to somewhere with no extradition treaty with the US. He's gonna get raped.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
a1bion

Trayvon Martin

Post by a1bion »

The state of Florida hasn't had this much national publicity since the Casey Anthony trial! Winning!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

2nd Degree Murder.

I think they're going to have a very difficult time with this. Of course, there are almost certainly facts in the case the public isn't privy to at this point.

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

Agree. Incidentally I know his new defended attorney mark o Mara. Nice guy. Competent but not a superstars at least as far as I remember.
UFgirlfan07

Trayvon Martin

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Just watched the first court appearance. Zimmerman has some crazy eyes. It was kinda freaking me out.
TheTodd

Trayvon Martin

Post by TheTodd »

I've got to wonder if they over reached on the charge in hope of having him plea to a lesser charge.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

[quote=TheTodd]I've got to wonder if they over reached on the charge in hope of having him plea to a lesser charge.[/QUOTE]

That's possible, but sometimes that can be hard to do - especially when the potential sentence is a big rat to swallow - if his attorney is halfway competent and can see there are a lot of wholes.

Based on what I know, which I concede is not nearly everything, I will be surprised if he walks. There is a lot less evidence (the way the law is written) against Zimmerman than there was Casey Anthony.

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

^ Did you leave out a "not?"
TheTodd

Trayvon Martin

Post by TheTodd »

I wondered the same thing Doc. From my view, there is more evidence.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

Key there was "the way the law is written" - With Zimmerman nobody is disputing he shot martin and that shot killed martin. Where there is going to be a lot of holes in the evidence is in proving he was not acting in self defense (unless I'm missing something).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

New judge: Kenneth Lester. Ha! When I was a prosecutor, I was assigned to Judge Lester for about 6 months. I think he'll do a good job, he's pretty fair and no-nonsense. However, when he gets an idea in his head, he's pretty stubborn about it and not likely to change his mind based on the attorney's arguments.

Also, here's a good article about stand-your-ground, pointing out that it's not new:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1O3418.DTL
UFgirlfan07

Trayvon Martin

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Just watched some of the hearing today. Felt like a trial already.
DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

About those audio forensic "experts:"

http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-linehan/ ... ic-experts

Also, Zimmerman's family has come out and revealed that, not too long ago, Zimmerman distributed leaflets in support of a black homeless man who had been beaten by one of Sanford's finest. At least two of the officers he criticized in that case also investigated the Trayvon Martin shooting.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/04/zimme ... -shooting/
DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

This thread will rise from the dead. I COMMAND IT!

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/12/3/new_image_of_zimmerm.html

SANFORD --

A new picture of George Zimmerman the night he shot Trayvon Martin was released Monday.

The image was made public on the George Zimmerman Legal Case website, run by Zimmerman's defense team.
The color photo shows Zimmerman with an obvious broken nose, and blood on his face.

The image is part of the State's Ninth Supplemental Discovery. Zimmerman's attorneys are promising to release more documents from that discovery.

George Zimmerman is accused of shooting and killing Trayvon Martin in February. Zimmerman claims he shot in self-defense.

Benjamin Crump, attorney for Trayvon Martin's family, released this statement in response:

"There would have been no interaction between Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman had Mr. Zimmerman not gotten out of his car that night. This is a color photograph of a photo we've already seen. What we're interested in [is] an X-ray of this alleged broken nose."
Late Monday, George Zimmerman's defense team filed a motion to question a Sanford police investigator for a second time.

In the new motion, Mark O'Mara claims the state attorney's office hasn't disclosed that Investigator William Erwin was present when Trayvon Martin's father confirmed to police that screams heard on the 911 call from the night of the shooting did not come from his son, Trayvon.

Until now, O'Mara says the state attorney's office had only said Investigator Erwin performed a voice stress test on George Zimmerman.
TheTodd

Trayvon Martin

Post by TheTodd »

he is suing NBC for editing his call to make him sound racist
DocZaius

Trayvon Martin

Post by DocZaius »

So... trial going on...
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Trayvon Martin

I have been trying my hardest to follow it. Work tends to get in the way of that from time to time. However, thus far I haven't heard anything that disputes Zimmerman's claim of self defense. And if "witness #8" was the "star" witness*, then the State needs to be rethinking this trial.

*Actual star witness different from what media thinks is a star witness.