I'm going to Mom7's world!

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
G8Rpmc

Post by G8Rpmc »

Kyle's wife, Leslie, my two grandsons and I are going to Disney World tomorrow! My other D-I-L is also going with us. I have not been in YEARS and I'm super excited!!

Mom7, Leslie said that you are very busy now and won't be able to meet us for lunch or anything, but if that changes, please shoot her an email or instant message and let's try to meet. I would love to see you!

I can't wait to see my grandsons (3 1/2 and 17 months) experience the magic of the Kingdom! I think it's going to be a blast! Kyle had to return to work, so he won't be with us. That's the big bummer concerning this, but otherwise..... Image

(PS--My aunt is actually doing better! She is getting excellent medical care, and she is still with us! Thanks for some of your kind words concerning her!)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Great news about your aunt, hope she pulls through!

Sucks that Kyle can't go, but them's the breaks.

My strategy with Disney now is to go when the weather is going to suck. (1) it's cooler; and (b) it's less-crowded.

Have they re-opened Toon Town yet?
G8Rpmc

Post by G8Rpmc »

Thanks Doc (about my aunt). And I don't know about Toon Town.

I'll take your strategy about going to Disney. The weather was okay, hot but a nice breeze. Crowded to say the least. Made the day almost miserable because it was so packed with people. We didn't actually make it to as many rides because of the super long wait lines.

We took the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom, as the monorail line was so long. It still took us FOREVER to even get there. And the monorail was shut down when we were trying to leave, and that took even longer, especially since we had tired, hot kids in tow. AND it was packed with other tired, hot people wanting to leave. There were also buses shuttling people out of the MK.

There was a sign that said, "Monorail closed from so and so time. What the heck? It was closed for HOURS, with all that crowd, and I really do mean a super crowd. Closed in the AFTERNOON. Grrrrr..... What's up with that, M7? Any ideas? Needed repair?

The two kids seemed to have the best time on the ride home. :) Lots of laughs and silliness that added some fun to the frustrating day. My son, Mitch, asked Jack when we returned home, "Jack. What did you do today?" (Jack is 3 1/2.) "I went to Wendy's." So, his mama spent a LOT of money to take the boy to Disney, and the highlight of his day was a $3.00 (or whatever it cost) Happy Meal. :34:
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

"Toon Town" has ceased to exist...the New Fantasyland will start opening soon...sometime this month I think. But it won't be complete till sometime next year.
Okay, let's try this!

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

PMC, funny thing is I was thinking of meeting you for lunch at one of the resorts on the monorail...the Poly, Contemp or something but I got the notice about the monorail going down during "slow times" between 11-5 or something like that, so I knew it wouldn't be easy for you guys to get out to meet me.

And I think that is nuts too...it's Spring Break...there are no slow times. We went last week on a Saturday and it was crowded but it wasn't miserable...we were still able to do a lot. But I think since it's now officially spring break time it's way busier. Bill just went today to get a coach and his family in and he said it wasn't too bad but when he was leaving at around 10, he said it was getting crowded.

I'm spoiled because we go so often. It's not a big deal if it's crowded for us because we're just there to play around and it didn't cost us anything. I wish I could have gotten you all in so at least you wouldn't have had to spend all that money. Oh well...maybe next time!
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Aren't they going to keep some of the places in Toon Town in the new Fantasyland, though? Which looked pretty epic when I was there last, by the way, what with all the mountains and shit.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Not really...yes, the area that Toon Town was in will be used but it's going to be completely different...big circus/Dumbo theme back there with a water play area and I believe Goofy's Roller Coaster is being a little re-themed but will still live back there. What looks awesome to me is Belle's castle. There's also going to be a Seven Dwarfs Mine ride that is supposed to be pretty cool...but I think that will be one of the last things they open.
Okay, let's try this!

g8orbill

Post by g8orbill »

My wife and I gave each other yearly passes for Christmas-we had not been to Disney in 15 years and now we go several times a month
And that's a first down!
G8Rpmc

Post by G8Rpmc »

Thanks Mom7! Wish we could have seen you!

It really was busy and crowded with spring break people, and I was really surprised that the monorail was closed. That would have helped with moving those crowds back to the parking lot area.

I didn't mean to sound so negative. It was just surprising to me that it was so packed!

I look forward to going back in Sept or Oct. I'll always be a Disney fan. :)
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

Don't worry about me not going. I'm not the biggest fan of the MK. I like theme parks with more adult roller coasters and such. I needz the thrillz.