UF President Search

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
DocZaius

UF President Search

Post by DocZaius »

Got this in my email:
Re: Presidential Search Update

Over the next few weeks, a critical part of our search for the next president of the University of Florida will be taking shape. No doubt, it's been the subject of many conversations recently.

We know many of you have strong feelings about the background and characteristics we should seek in the next president. That's why this month we're conducting focus groups with faculty and students, and an open forum for staff, community leaders and others who have an interest. Additional conversations are being arranged with alumni, Gator boosters, donors and state business leaders.

An open forum will be held on campus August 24th for the university and Gainesville community. Additional information about the forum and the search in general can be found on the Search website http://presidentialsearch.ufl.edu.

During the public forum and focus groups, participants will be asked to provide their input on the following questions:
What are the unique qualities and notable strengths of UF?

What are UF's opportunities and impacts in academics, research and service for the future?

Based on these inquiries, what qualities and experience are needed for UF's next leader?

Anyone is welcome to comment on the three questions. In fact, your views are an important part of the search process and we encourage you to share them throughout the presidential search. E-mails on the three questions or any other search-related input may be sent to [email protected].

All comments will be collected and shared with the Marketing and Communications and the Qualifications and Criteria subcommittees, and the full Search Committee.

Recommendations will be forwarded to the Board of Trustees for final approval August 28 at a joint meeting of the Board of Trustees and the Full Search Committee.

As we work to identify the ideal background and characteristics we would like to see in UF's next president, it is fitting to note some of the factors making UF a desirable institution to lead.

Recently, Forbes ranked UF as the state's top university -- above all other public and private institutions -- based on quality of teaching, career prospects, high graduation rates and low debt. UF came in at No. 80 among 650 of America's Top Colleges. The ranking is a significant nod to what UF is doing right considering only five public universities landed in the top 50. The next highest ranked Florida institution is the University of Miami at No. 132.

UF is one of only six land-grant universities nationwide recognized by the Association of American Universities with colleges of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Law, Engineering and Agricultural Science all on one central campus.

With $619 million in total research awards and a prolific technology licensing endeavor, UF continues to be a national leader in innovation and moving discoveries from the lab into the marketplace.

UF retains more students and graduates them more swiftly than any other university in Florida. UF's statistics even rival peer research universities in the Association of American Universities, the organization of North America's 61 premier research universities.

UF's freshman retention rate of 95.9 percent is 2.3 points higher than that of UF's AAU peers. In addition, UF's four-year graduation rate of 65 percent and six-year graduation rate of 84 percent surpass all others in Florida and compare favorably to AAU institutions.

Part of our success can be attributed to our students, who are some of the smartest in the country, boasting average high school grade point averages of 4.23 and SAT scores of 1920.

The University of Florida has much to be proud of, and we are excited about our future as we seek the next leader of this great institution.

Sincerely,

C. David Brown II
Chairman
UF Board of Trustees and
UF Presidential Search Committee
"Bring back Lombardi" is my only comment.
MinGator

UF President Search

Post by MinGator »

Ha, the whole time I was reading down through that my thought was the same as your quote that I finally got to.

What are the average and max scores on SATs now? 1920 average means nothing to me since 1600 was as high as you could go when I took them.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
G8RKyle

UF President Search

Post by G8RKyle »

I think they may have raised it to 2400. It was 1600 when I took it to. I was a National Merit Scholar and UF used to give a lot of scholarship money to us. It definitely helped me out.
DocZaius

UF President Search

Post by DocZaius »

Check out the big brain on Kyle!
G8RKyle

UF President Search

Post by G8RKyle »

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150[/ATTACH]

Yeah, it follows me around.
DocZaius

UF President Search

Post by DocZaius »

Something tells me you had that picture pre-made, just in case anyone said that to you.
G8RKyle

UF President Search

Post by G8RKyle »

No, but I did have all the necessary ingredients in order to put it together. I've been working on a Neuroanatomy atlas.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

UF President Search

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

[quote=DocZaius]Check out the big brain on Kyle![/QUOTE]

That is a tasty burger.

MinGator

UF President Search

Post by MinGator »

What ain't no country I ever heard of; they speak English in What?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

UF President Search

Say what again. I dare ya. I double dare you. Say what one more fucking time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

rock8591

UF President Search

Post by rock8591 »

[quote=IHateUGAlyDawgs]Say what again. I dare ya. I double dare you. Say what one more fucking time

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Does he look like a bitch? :booty:
IHateUGAlyDawgs

UF President Search

What?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MinGator

UF President Search

Post by MinGator »

I swear, if I weren't in a professional setting, I would have that exchange as my ringtone.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

UF President Search

Lmao

IHateUGAlyDawgs

UF President Search

I can see that as my ringtone and having it go off in court....

"What does Marcellus Wallace look like?"

"He's black..."

"go on..."

"He's bald..."

"Does he look like a bitch?"

MinGator

UF President Search

Post by MinGator »

Lmao
rock8591

UF President Search

Post by rock8591 »

[video=youtube;-nscbRDRpV8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nscbRDRpV8[/video]
There was once a person named rock
Who most here would gladly coldcock
Not afraid to look dumb
To the pub he would come
And whatever he said was a crock