Russian Analyst Predicts US Breakup.

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

What say you?

Personally, I think his timetable is far too aggressive...but that, yes, we will end up there within the next 20-50 years.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Won't happen - will never happen.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

I appreciate your optimism, Slide...but do you have any reasons for your position? I'd love to believe it, but history and common sense seem to indicate otherwise.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I don't see the country splitting up at all. We are a common people with a common goal, unlike Russia where the states that separated from them were different. His argument about that is just asinine. He gives no real reason why we would break up except some wacko's in Texas. He could be very correct that the US could lose it's economic power but so many other world economies are dependent on the US that they would be hurting something fierce, China being one of those. He seems to not really take that into account. Apparently he thinks that Russia and China live in some sort of a vacuum. He fails to realize that the US could (not saying should or will) pull back somewhat as a world leader and fix ourselves. Kind of how we were pre-WWII.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

from a business standpoint, the collapse will be coming sooner than 20-50 years. when the big banks in this country fail to consolidate and in effect, make themselves more competitive globally, we will be 'saved' by the international likes of "hong kong shang hai bank", "deutsche bank", "banco santander", and "bank of japan"

from that standpoint, we will have ceased to exist anymore.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I appreciate your optimism, Slide...but do you have any reasons for your position? I'd love to believe it, but history and common sense seem to indicate otherwise.
I do not see the country splitting up, because we are too intertwined with each other in both a business and political way. For example, if we did split up, what would happen to the gold at Fort Knox? Would it be distributed out to every state? What about the ICMS in Wyoming and the Dakotas? Who woulf get them, and where would you put them in Florida for example.

I don't see it happening.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

All of the things you're bringing up are points to be considered in the case of an ORDERED breakup...where we make a decision to do so. I agree...that aint gonna happen.

However...I can easily see individual states and even blocs of states start to ignore the federal govt and when the central govt gets weak enough, start to break off ala the USSR in the baltics. And if you don't think there are LOTS of people in the south who are STILL torqued about the War of Northern Aggression, then you're mistaken.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I could see the secession of certain states predicated upon some massive devaluation of the dollar, if such an event was combined with any sort of broad usurpation of our national sovereignty from abroad (likely in the form of a global coordinated effort).

It just depends how things exactly play out. Nobody can predict with certainty, but the tensions are there. That cannot be denied.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

All of the things you're bringing up are points to be considered in the case of an ORDERED breakup...where we make a decision to do so. I agree...that aint gonna happen.

However...I can easily see individual states and even blocs of states start to ignore the federal govt and when the central govt gets weak enough, start to break off ala the USSR in the baltics. And if you don't think there are LOTS of people in the south who are STILL torqued about the War of Northern Aggression, then you're mistaken.
Oh man, give that shit a rest. Not you personally but the whole idea of secession.

First of all, isn't it illegal to seceed? Would the whole US military invade a state that tried to do that?

Sorry man, I don't see it. Not unless we devolved into some dystopian Road Warrior type future. Barring that, no.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The only reason that secession is "illegal" is because the north massacred their free brothers from the south.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Slide, I submit that you are still operating under the pretenses that we're living under right now...today.

But lets say the American military is engaged in several regional conflicts and are unable or unwilling to invade that state or set of states. Lets say that the power structure in Washington changes and splinters. Who is giving the orders? Who will follow whom when conflicting orders are given.

You are right...under our current set of circumstances, secession isn't an option. However, should things devolve to a state where the central govt is unable, unwilling, or absent, all bets are off. At that point all of those laws won't matter a hill of beans, and the courts will find out how useless they are without a military to back up their edicts.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

I don't care. I will be living on the beach in Belize by then.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

i have a bit of experience with secession. quebec tried (and still does try) to leave canada and become it's own country.

as passionate as french-canadians from quebec are about their heritage and culture, at the end of the day, it came down to economics and how expensive it would become to secede.

i suspect the states that y'all are speaking to would have the same problem.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Exactly Rad. A state like Texas, whose economy is the 9th biggest in the world, could survive on its own. A state like South Carolina or South Dakota couldn't.

Did anyone watch the show Jericho? In that show, there were several nuclear attacks across the US and the states formed two distinct countries, with Texas being its own country.
radbag

Post by radbag »

^you think texas could make it on it's own? really?

no more federal fundings for schools, hospitals, infrastructure
no more federal army to protect you
no more free pipeline for the oil you export into canada...you'll have to pay the USofA for the use of those pipelines
no more shipping lanes out of the gulf
no more border protection into mexico
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I'm not advocating for it - I'm just saying that Texas has oil, agriculture, cattle, high tech and computer industries. If something like this were to happen, it would fare better that other states would.
radbag

Post by radbag »

totally agree slide.

the oil alone makes it viable.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I think the Rooskies are just pissed that they broke up and we didn't. Scoreboard, bitches!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

True dat!

There is one little difference though. Many of the Soviet states did not enter that union willingly - see the Baltic States. In our country, US states did.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Texas can fuck itself. I've been there. Let the Mexicans take it back once they go rogue.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Rouge? Rad likes it when Angelo wears that...I think.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Texas can fuck itself. I've been there. Let the Mexicans take it back once they go rogue.
Dude, that's not cool. Texas is a great place. Many of its politicians do leave a lot to be desired though.
radbag

Post by radbag »

steers and queers.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Texans had the temerity to play their state anthem in lieu of the national anthem as my grandfather marched across the training ground prior to leaving for Europe in WWII. Texans are a bit too proud of their Great Fried Empty at times.
That being said, if you can get past the hicks, the poon is outstanding.
Star Kings Forever!
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

lmao
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.