Domestic Militarization Comes to San Bernardino County (California)

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Marine Corps Air and Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) Provost Marshal (head of a unit of military police) and the local California Highway Patrol office will begin working together 12/12 — and through the holiday season — in a joint effort to reduce accidents and drinking and driving. The combined mutual cooperation between the Marine Corps Military Police and State enforcement officers will begin somewhere along Highway 62. The CHP will set up DUI roadblocks with the presence of Military Police. A violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.
Gary Daigneault discussed the ramifications of this joint effort today on his 107.7 F.M. Talk Back show. Mr. Daigneault and his callers seemed to be very concerned. On its face, one may think this is a good idea. But it’s not. I agree with Mr. Daigneault and his callers. Most of which seemed to think this is a very bad idea. Mr. Daigneault contacted a Constitutional Law expert, and the attorney informed him this is absolutely unconstitutional. It’s NOT permitted under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, 8 U.S.C. § 1385. It’s my understanding that the Constitutional Law expert said CHP officers could be arrested out there working with the Military Police because it’s a “felony.”
http://bbvm.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/domestic-militarization-comes-to-san-bernardino-county/

Desensitizing the citizenry against seeing the military in domestic law enforcement situations to prepare for potential martial law or societal unrest? I'll leave that for you to decide.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I love waiting for the other shoe to drop:
WASHINGTON
— The United States could be sleep-walking into its next crisis, a military
report said.

The report by the U.S. Army War College's Strategic Institute, said that a defense community paralyzed by conventional thinking could be unprepared to help the United States cope with a series of unexpected crises that would rival the Al Qaida strikes in 2001, termed a "strategic shock."

The report cited the prospect of the collapse of a nuclear state leading to massive unrest in the United States.

"Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security," the report, authored by [Ret.] Lt. Col. Nathan Freir, said
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2008/ss_military0790_12_15.asp
"The United States might also consider the prospect that hostile state and/or nonstate actors might individually or in concert combine hybrid methods effectively to resist U.S. influence in a nonmilitary manner," the report said. "This is clearly an emerging trend."
I'll look for y'all in the prison camps. :tinfoil:
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

I can't remember reading anything less concrete than that. BULLETIN: Unspecified nongood things are hypothetically likely to happen somewhere. Be prepared!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The larger issue is the blatant disregard shown for the Posse Comitatus Act, which prevents military from performing domestic law enforcement duties. It's an important check on the government's ability to use the strongest military in the world against its own citizenry.

Yes, I understand the tinfoil aspect of my concern...but even a person who has ultimate faith in the government has to acknowledge the danger of advancing down a slippery slope. You lose traction rather quickly.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Personally, I think California is the perfect place for domestic militarization. :)
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.