FSU and the NCAA

Fuckbeans.
texgator

FSU and the NCAA

Post by texgator »

So when are these fucks going to get blasted with the death penalty? How are they sidestepping publishing the NOA? And why would they if they went out of their way to publish all the crap from their 'self-investigation' a while back?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

FSU and the NCAA

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Oct 18 is their hearing date.

They're claiming Federal Student Privacy Laws.

They don't want to release it because it contains information they didn't self report and could be damaging to recruiting, TK, or likely, both. Strong rumor has it that the NOA contains the dreaded "Lack of Institutional Control" in it.

G8rMom7

FSU and the NCAA

Post by G8rMom7 »

What is the NOA? And part of me doesn't want them to get slammed with the death penalty. I just want it to hurt their recruiting for a few years so we can do to them what they did to us after we got slammed with penalties in the late 80's. They got all the good recruits from FL for a few years and it took us A LONG time to recover from all that stuff.
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

FSU and the NCAA

they aren't going to get the death penalty. No one will (unless it's a level of egregious not previously attained).

the NOA is the Notice of Allegations.

This is different from a Letter of Inquiry. A NOA means the NCAA has essentially rejected the self-reporting and is relying on their own investigative findings.

apexgator

FSU and the NCAA

Post by apexgator »

I believe they are not publishing it hoping to get some of the stuff dropped or reduced and therefore not having to have the nation know the full extent of what the NCAA included on the NOA. That and what hater said in his first post which lends itself to what he said in his second post about TK and LOI. I agree that they won't get the death penalty but I do hope they get hit hard.
TheTodd

FSU and the NCAA

Post by TheTodd »

Here is a Bianchi article about the FSU mess

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 131.column
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
a1bion

FSU and the NCAA

Post by a1bion »

I feel so behind on the news. This is the first I'm hearing of this.
TheTodd

FSU and the NCAA

Post by TheTodd »

FSU has been trying to keep it that way Josh.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
newsgator

FSU and the NCAA

Post by newsgator »

I have the feeling they're goign to get a free pass from the NCAA. I feel they got it after the Foot Locker/Free Shoes deal as well as the McPherson/gambling deal as well. And Miami's mid-90s probation involved NO bowl ban at all, which I feel is the ultimate slap in the face to justice. As long as Coach Depends is on the sidelines the NCAA won't do squat past a wrist-slap to the Noles.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

FSU and the NCAA

news, I respectfully disagree.

The NCAA wanted to hammer FSU over the mcpherson deal, but got stonewalled there, too. TK and Spanky destroyed any evidence that directly implicated FSU and "didn't take notes" of any of their interviews. Which probably involved telling people to STFU. In the end the NCAA knew something fishy was up, but couldn't prove the school had anything to do with it or knew about it. The threw McPherson under the bus and that was that.

My mom was one of the analysts for FDLE that worked that case...testified at his trial in fact. They found betting slips of his where he bet on FSU in three games, to lose in two (ND and NCSt)...one of them he intentionally threw.

The NCAA wanted FSU and couldn't get them. If anyone who worked on that case is still at the NCAA they will fuck FSU if they can.

newsgator

FSU and the NCAA

Post by newsgator »

Wow I didn't know any of that. Thanks for sharing. I agree I hope they get what's been coming to them for many, many years. I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" and I will laugh at the existence of any Nole that fronts me.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
AdGator02

FSU and the NCAA

Post by AdGator02 »

the ncaa doesn't do much... this will go away just like the reggie bush drama.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

FSU and the NCAA

My guess is they don't get the hammer that we all want them to get, but they will get something significant which will seriously hurt them.

A 5 scholarship per year for 3 years reduction even would be very damaging to them for at least 7 or 8 years. A 10 scholarship reduction per year for 3 years could be death.