Thoughts about Lieberman

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
TTBHG

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by TTBHG »

keeping his chair of the Homeland Security committee?

I am really surprised by this. I think the Democrats may be trying to turn over a new leaf. I thought, for sure, he would be gone from the chair and maybe from the caucus altogether. Good for the Democrats on this.
I am the law, bitches!
DocZaius

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by DocZaius »

I agree. They should be applauded, inasmuch as the national security / Iraq war area is the main area where Lieberman split from the party.
Tipmoose

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by Tipmoose »

They're just trying to get the magical 60 vote threshold.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
DocZaius

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by DocZaius »

^ That's another angle I hadn't thought of.
a1bion

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by a1bion »

They pussied out. I would've nailed Droopy Dog's ass to the wall--he's done a shit job as chairman of that committee. Fuck the 60 votes threshold.
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

They pussied out. I would've nailed Droopy Dog's ass to the wall--he's done a shit job as chairman of that committee. Fuck the 60 votes threshold.
I agree completely! Fuck Lieberman! His actions in this election are a slap in the face of those of us who worked for Obama, who by the way, were the same people who tried to make him VP 8 years ago.

He didn't do jack shit on this committee for the last two years, when he could have followed the great example of Henry Waxman in the House.

I would have drop kicked his sorry ass out of the caucus!

He will NOT be re-elected on 2012! I anticipate that he will retire. If not, netroots activists like myself will work very hard to get his ass voted out.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
bluegrassg8r

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Interesting. It would appear that "evolving" in office is unacceptable under Slide's Zinnlandia model. Let's hope the President Elect is perfect from day one and doesn't change a single position....it may bring about ire.
Star Kings Forever!
UFGirlluvr

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by UFGirlluvr »

I don't know about Lieberman "evolving" as much going with who is in power at the time and doing what he has to do to cover his ass. Maybe that is pretty simplistic but that is how I see it.
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

Interesting. It would appear that "evolving" in office is unacceptable under Slide's Zinnlandia model. Let's hope the President Elect is perfect from day one and doesn't change a single position....it may bring about ire.
Evolving my ass! Betrayal is what it was. He begged Obama to come up and campaign for him in 2006, and then stabbed him in the back.

So tell me - did Powell evolve when he endorsed Obama? Or did he do it just because Obama was black?
DocZaius

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by DocZaius »

He will NOT be re-elected on 2012! I anticipate that he will retire. If not, netroots activists like myself will work very hard to get his ass voted out.
Like you did last time? Behold the power of incumbency! And yet you're still against term limits.
Tipmoose

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by Tipmoose »

Z, incumbency is a bad thing only when the incumbents are people slider doesn't like.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
TTBHG

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by TTBHG »

They're just trying to get the magical 60 vote threshold.
They're getting close since Stevens was shown the fucking door.
I am the law, bitches!
DocZaius

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by DocZaius »

^ Yeah, I didn't think they'd get there, but the Georgia and Minnesota races are gonna be close. It'll be kind of surreal when Al Franken casts the final vote for cloture when Senate Republicans filibuster Obama's first Supreme Court nominee.
TTBHG

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by TTBHG »

^ Yeah, I didn't think they'd get there, but the Georgia and Minnesota races are gonna be close. It'll be kind of surreal when Al Franken casts the final vote for cloture when Senate Republicans filibuster Obama's first Supreme Court nominee.
I doubt you will see it. There are several pro-choice Pubs that will vote with them as well as the 2 independents to break the filibuster. I think they are filibuster proof no matter the outcome of the final two races.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by a1bion »

There's a piece up at the New Republic, speculating that Obama went easy on Droopy Dog and is floating the governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano, as a possible hire for head of DHS as a way of winning McCain's favor. He treats McCain's buddy well and takes the biggest threat to McCain off the table for 2010 and McCain becomes more easy to persuade to cross the aisle to vote in favor of stuff Obama wants done, thus pissing off conservatives all over again.

Jujitsu, bitches!
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

Like you did last time? Behold the power of incumbency! And yet you're still against term limits.
Lieberman has gone off the scale on the asshole chart! And CT voters overwhelmingly have buyers remorse now. Democratic voters were split in 2006 - they won't be in 2012.

And yes, I have always been, am now, and always will be against term limits.
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

Z, incumbency is a bad thing only when the incumbents are people slider doesn't like.
Right - and I am sure there are no incumbents that you like.
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

I doubt you will see it. There are several pro-choice Pubs that will vote with them as well as the 2 independents to break the filibuster. I think they are filibuster proof no matter the outcome of the final two races.
Exactly. And don't be surprised if Obama picks some Senate Republicans for his cabinet. There are a few moderates there.
AdGator02

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by AdGator02 »

Wouldn't he rather have the moderates stay in congress to vote rather than in his cabinet?

Also, anyone who thinks Saxby Chambliss (R) won't win the Georgia race is smoking crack. I would bet tons of $ that he wins. It's pretty simple. Saxby got more votes in the general election when there was a huge turnout of voters supporting Obama (and this wound up being a pretty red state). You think those same voters will show up for Jim Martin? Uh, no.

I already got an automated 'survey' call asking me if I thought it was ok for all three branches of the government to be controlled by liberals. Saxby is turning up the pressure to get people to the polls.
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

Chambliss is one of the biggest assholes in the Senate, and his record shows that. The people of Georgia would be better served by someone who actually gives a shit about them.
AdGator02

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by AdGator02 »

It's not gonna happen, slide.
slideman67

Thoughts about Lieberman

Post by slideman67 »

Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

Seriously though, Chambliss is an embarrassment to the Senate.