Deep Throat dies

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

Deep Throat dies

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-081218-obit-felt-story,0,6452767.story?deep

What's really fascinating about the whole Watergate affair is that just about every President since Nixon has had some kind of scandal and cover-up, sometimes worse than Nixon's. And yet he's the villain of history.

Iran-Contra, Whitewater, the Valerie Plame affair, etc., were all arguably worse than a botched burglary, but Nixon - for whatever reason - will always be remembered for Watergate.

I highly recommend G. Gordon Liddy's book, Will, which details some of the zanier ideas that Liddy and his compatriots came up with. They were going to break the air conditioning at the Democratic Convention, held in Miami, to drive them crazy. Another plan was to buy a boat and hire hookers to lure prominent Democrats out to the boat so they could tape it.
MinGator

Deep Throat dies

Post by MinGator »

Liddy is a no BS dood.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
DocZaius

Deep Throat dies

Post by DocZaius »

Yeah, I like Liddy's style even if he did some less-than-honorable things during that era.
Toothy

Deep Throat dies

Post by Toothy »

What's really fascinating about the whole Watergate affair is that just about every President since Nixon has had some kind of scandal and cover-up, sometimes worse than Nixon's. And yet he's the villain of history.

Because Nixon has the fucking patent on LOOKING guilty. Both Clinton and Bush, you could catch them strangling their mothers and they'd have the same blank happy look. Nixon looked troubled on the best day of his life.
TheTodd

Deep Throat dies

Post by TheTodd »

That and Nixon really thought he was above the law. He's a great character though and was actually not a horrible president, all things considered.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Deep Throat dies

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Nixon = underrated. Kennedy = overrated.