Thanks for driving less

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
TheTodd

Thanks for driving less

Post by TheTodd »

Gov wants to raise taxes to offset the fact that people are driving less. The really scary part is some screwball idea that someone on the financing commission had.

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=78&sid=1562789
According to a draft of the financing commission's recommendations, the nation needs to move to a new system that taxes motorists according to how much they use roads. While details have not been worked out, such a system would mean equipping every car and truck with a device that uses global positioning satellites and transponders to record how many miles the vehicle has been driven, and perhaps the type of roads and time of day.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Thanks for driving less

Post by annarborgator »

Guess I might be giving up driving soon.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

Thanks for driving less

Post by TheTodd »

I seriously doubt that would be allowed AA. It really boggles my mind though that someone would even think about something like that though.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Thanks for driving less

Post by annarborgator »

The dumb part is that taxing gasoline already taxes you for how much you drive on roads.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

Thanks for driving less

Post by TheTodd »

yup
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Thanks for driving less

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

no way does that GPS thing pass.

MinGator

Thanks for driving less

Post by MinGator »

Isn't the reason we're driving less because gas prices spiked. Wouldn't it then stand to reason that increasing the tax and therefore the price might further reduce demand?

And that GPS quote, wtf was someone thinking when they wrote that? Seriously, unless you do a lot of farm driving, you're already paying taxes on the miles you drive. And farm use vehicles can burn off road diesel that is already taxed at a different rate.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.