i know it's only his half-brother but all charges have been dropped

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

just trying to head off all the haters....

didn't wanna see a "it never fails - democrat president and his dumb brother" thread O0

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/02/02/kenya.george.obama/index.html

NAIROBI, Kenya (CNN) -- All charges against George Obama, half-brother to U.S. President Barack Obama, have been dropped after his arrest in a drug raid, according to police in Kenya.

He was released on Saturday hours later, police added.

Obama was arrested in a Nairobi slum, and he was picked up with people who possessed marijuana, said police spokesman Eric Kiraithe.

"Being found with people who are in possession of cannabis is a petty offense," Kiraithe said.

Earlier, police had told CNN that Obama had been arrested for possessing cannabis and resisting arrest, which can carry a sentence of up to a year in jail or hefty fines.

"Police in Kenya do not look at criminals in light of associations with relatives," Kiraithe said.

Obama and the president barely know each other, though they have met. George Obama was one of the few people closely related to the president who did not attend the inauguration in Washington.

In his memoir, "Dreams from My Father," Barack Obama describes meeting George as a "painful affair." His trip to Kenya meant meeting family he had never known.

CNN tracked down George Obama in August 2008 and found him at a small house in Huruma, a Nairobi slum, where he lives with his mother's extended family. His birth certificate shows he is Barack Obama's half brother.

The two men share the same Kenyan father.

In the memoir, Barack Obama struggles to reconcile with his father after he left him and his mother when he was a child.

Barack Obama Sr. died in a car accident when George was 6 months old. And like his half brother, George hardly knew his father.

George was his father's last child and had not been aware of his famous half brother until he rose to prominence in the Democratic primaries last year.

Unlike his grandmother in Kogela, in western Kenya, George Obama received little attention from the media until reports about him surfaced in August 2008.

The reports sprung from an Italian Vanity Fair article saying George Obama lived in a shack and was "earning less than a dollar a day."

The reports left George Obama angry.

"I was brought up well. I live well even now," he said. "The magazines, they have exaggerated everything.

"I think I kind of like it here. There are some challenges, but maybe it is just like where you come from, there are the same challenges," Obama said.

Obama, who is in his mid-20s, said at the time that he was learning to become a mechanic and was active in youth groups in Huruma. He said he tries to help the community as much as he can.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I'm sure it's all legit and BHO had no influence.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Democrats aren't the only ones who have dumb brothers - Nixon apparently had one, and W has 3.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Slider, I'm sure if you asked W's brothers to vote on who among them was the least likely to be President, the vote would be 3-0 in favor of George.  Say what you want about Neil, Marvin and Jeb, but I don't think they're dumb.

What about Bill Clinton's brother?  Wasn't he a coke dealer or something?  My memory fades.

Also, I heard a rumor on late-night right-wing talk radio that Obama's Kenyan grandmother was denied access to the inauguration festivities, but I can't find anything to substantiate the rumor. 

Not a rumor is that Obama's aunt is an illegal immigrant living on the dole in Boston.  Or at least she was during the campaign.  Now she lives in Ohio, evidently.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

By far, though, the BEST dumb brother was Billy Carter.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Both Marvin and Neil Bush were involved in the collapse of some of the Savings and Loans in the 1980's, costing taxpayers billions of dollars then as well. Only Daddy being VP saved them from any legal entanglements with that. So really, there aren't that many members of the Bush family who know anything about money.

No question - Billy was a redneck to the extreme.

Roger Clinton did have drug troubles in his past. But I think he pretty much kept out of the papers in the 90's.
radbag

Post by radbag »

wasn't carter a dem?
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

By far, though, the BEST dumb brother was Billy Carter.
This was what I was going to mention...remember Billy Beer? I don't hold sibling issues against a person...not to mention didn't BHO's dad have a ton of kids after he left his mom and sis? Can't hold BHO responsible for all of them IMO.

That's not to say I think Slider is right about the Bush brothers...I disagree with him saying they were all idiots. There were lots of people involved with the S and L scandals...and there were/are lots of folks on both sides of the isle who f'd up our current situation. And they are still in office and still hold their committee chairs. You can't really say any of them are stupid...most may be unethical or immoral I guess...doesn't mean the same as stupid to me.
Okay, let's try this!

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Is Jeb! still working for Lehman Brothers? Just wondering...
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Both Marvin and Neil Bush were involved in the collapse of some of the Savings and Loans in the 1980's, costing taxpayers billions of dollars then as well. Only Daddy being VP saved them from any legal entanglements with that. So really, there aren't that many members of the Bush family who know anything about money.
Doesn't mean they are stupid, that's all I'm saying.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Doesn't mean they are stupid, that's all I'm saying.
I am not, nor have I ever been impressed with any member of the Bush family. I am also proud to say that I have never voted for any member of the Bush family - I didn't vote for Daddy in 88 or 92, didn't vote for Jeb in 94, didn't vote for W in 98, 00, or 04. And it is a safe bet to say that when Jeb runs in 12 or 16, as the savior of the Republican Party, I won't vote for him either.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

maybe not. but you'd be slobbering over yourself for any/all of them if it was a (D) after their names and not an (R).

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

IHate: It might as well have been a D when its all said and done.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

maybe not. but you'd be slobbering over yourself for any/all of them if it was a (D) after their names and not an (R).
Just as you have been slobbering all over them for having an R after their name.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

IHate: It might as well have been a D when its all said and done.
On Jeb, no. HW...no. W...the last four years...yeah, probably.

radbag

Post by radbag »

i'm a fan of sophia bush.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Billy Bush is sort of cute...as Entertainment show hosts go. :)
Okay, let's try this!