another BHO appointee in some hot water

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

O0 ???

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0309/FBI_raids_office_of_DC_CTO_Obama_appointee.html

March 12, 2009
Categories: White House

FBI raids office of D.C. CTO, Obama appointee
Federal agents this morning are searching the office Washington, D.C.'s Chief Technology Officer.

The search is part of "an ongoing investigation," said a spokeswoman for the FBI's D.C. Field Office, Lindsay Gotwin, said. She declined to comment further on the raid of office, at 1 Judiciary Square.

The Washington Post reported that the FBI arrested Yusuf Acar, 40, an information systems security official in the office.

The outgoing Chief Technology Officer, Vivek Kundra, was appointed last week Chief Information Officer by the Obama administration. His last day at the city government office was February 4, a spokeswoman for D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty, Leslie Kershaw, said. He was appointed to the Washington post in 2007.

"We know the FBI is over there but that's all we know," said a staffer in the D.C. CTO's office, Mario Field, who was working from a separate location. Another source familiar with the raid said the FBI had sent all staffers other than senior executives home for the day. WTOP Radio reported that agents are searching the 9th and 10th floors of the building.

A White House spokesman had no immediate comment.

D.C. mayor's spokeswoman Kershaw said, "Our office has been alerted of FBI's being at CTO office, but we cannot comment until it's over and we get more details."

No one answered a phone listed in Acar's name.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

To be fair, Rad, this dude was appointed in 2007 as CTO. He was reappointed by da big Oh as CIO.

So, it can logically be assumed that this is all Bush's fault.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

It should be obvious that appointing anyone from the DC government is opening yourself up for scandal.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Saw this headline on Fark:

"Newest Obama appointee's office raided by FBI. Left finally comes to terms that Obama is not Jesus. Jesus could actually build a cabinet."
radbag

Post by radbag »

^ that's joseph...HE was the carpenter.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Jesus is commonly thought to have been a carpenter, even though there's little evidence to support this.

Regardless, Jesus could probably build a very fine cabinet.

But thanks for ruining the joke.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Also, there's a web site called "The Jesus Police," dedicated to dispelling myths about Jesus.

http://www.jesuspolice.com/

Pretty awesome, and His name was Joshua (Yeshua), not Jesus.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Um Doc, that website has the following disclaimer so I'm not sure I would trust this website as the myth dispeller...
Needless to say, very little about the life of Jesus can be said with complete confidence. The common errors listed on this website are areas in which there is a very substantial amount of historical evidence to support the conclusions.
If it doesn't come from the Bible, I'm not all that convinced about anything I hear based on what that statement says above. That being said, I thought there was something in the Bible about him helping Joseph in his teen years or so being a carpenter. But now you've forced me to do some more research.

Good joke though! :)
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

^^ Yeah, I know, but I don't think it hurts to apply some critical thinking to what the Bible says - and what it doesn't say, even though you may have been taught something in Sunday School.

I mean, let's take the whole carpenter thing, for example. The Jesus Police site indicates that there is really only one place in the Gospels where Jesus was referred to as a carpenter - Mark 6:3. In Matthew, 13:55, discussing the same incident, He was referred to as the son of a carpenter (which is also under debate - the site argues that Joseph was more of a general contractor than a carpenter).

At any rate, if you read the comments under each entry, you can see there's a lively debate about each and every issue.

Let's face it: the King James Bible, which I think most folks were taught from, is a translation from Hebrew (Old Testament) and a very old form of Greek (New Testament), which in itself was a translation from Hebrew.

Furthermore, the King James version was translated at the behest of (you guessed it!) King James, with specific instructions to conform to the dogma of the Church of England.

Books were left out of the Bible, too, although the authenticity of some have been called into question.

The bottom line is that we really don't have a great written record about the life and times of Jesus, and what we do have has been muddled by time, language and the biases of men. I think it's a very worthy exercise to use our brains to figure out just what was going on.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I eschew the KJV as I tend to ignore the policies of alcoholic pedophiles. I also own and recommend the Apocrypha and Pseudopigrapha to any Christian who enjoys Biblical literature....they comprise the books that were culled by the post-Constantine movement.
Star Kings Forever!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I need to read those culled books, bg. Thanks for mentioning them...I've read the KJV once through and the NIV once...had to see what they were about. I've always been mildly curious about the other books that have been left out of the official version.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.