Student loan bailout

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Student loan bailout

Post by annarborgator »

Yes! Bwahahaha this is awesome:
Dear President Obama, First Lady Obama, Treasury Secretary Geithner, Education Secretary Duncan:

Hello all. I am writing on behalf of the massive amount of educational debt that I am no longer able to pay. Like so many young Americans, I got into a much better and more expensive school than my family could afford. After being told approximately 5,000,000 times that education was the "silver bullet" that was necessary to live the "American Dream," I decided to fund my education through various loan programs. At the time, it seemed reasonable.

After I completed my four year degree program, I sadly learned that I wasn't qualified to do anything particularly interesting. I'm not really good with computers, so creating the web application that simulates blow jobs or farts wasn't an option for me. Based in part on the advice of nearly every intelligent person I've ever met, I decided to double down on the "education" gambit and get a post-graduate degree.

Mind you, I did eventually want to do real work and earn real money for a living, so I didn't pursue a Ph.D. Instead I opted for a professional degree. A J.D. if you must know.

{. . .}

President Obama, I've learned that you did not fully pay back your student debt until you received the royalties from your first best-seller Dreams from my Father. Good work. Unfortunately, the American publishing industry is almost dead. I can't even get anyone to look at my book How I Massively Disappointed my Mother.

Mrs. Obama, I understand that you used your salary from Sidley Austin to help support your young family while your husband was helping poor people. I'd be willing to work at Sidley Austin. Are they hiring? (Please see attached cover letter and resume).

Mr. Geithner, I pay my taxes so we don't have a lot in common. But, I'm sure you can sympathize with a person who wants to pay what they owe, but can't because they received some bad advice.

{. . .}

The stick is this: nobody is really going to pay you back anyway. Where do you think loan payments rank on a priority list that includes: food, shelter, anti-depressants, and resume paper? I mean, at this point, what is the government going to do? "Ruin" my credit rating? Nobody is lending money anyway and it won't be too long before I can get a house for free by agreeing to do the yard work. You can't garnish my wages because my wages, do not exist.

So really, forgiving student debts is not only appropriate, it also the only practicable option you have right now. Please look into it.

Thanks,

The young, educated, elites that put you into office.
http://abovethelaw.com/2009/03/student_loan_bailout_just_do_i.php

Awesome. Simply awesome.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
DocZaius

Student loan bailout

Post by DocZaius »

Great letter.
DocZaius

Student loan bailout

Post by DocZaius »

Also, because my wife just finished paying off her loans a couple of months ago, I say NO FUCKING WAY to a student loan bailout unless she gets some of that sweet sweet payola, too.
G8rMom7

Student loan bailout

Post by G8rMom7 »

I don't have time to read the letter in the link but what you copied and pasted is hilarious. I love the signature too.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Student loan bailout

Post by annarborgator »

Also, because my wife just finished paying off her loans a couple of months ago, I say NO FUCKING WAY to a student loan bailout unless she gets some of that sweet sweet payola, too.
I would completely agree with you if I was in that sitch. However, seeing the mountain of debt that I have....well, I'm man enough to admit that I'd prolly get in line for that payday. O0
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
AdGator02

Student loan bailout

Post by AdGator02 »

I paid off one of my four from my MBA. I actually had an uncle say I just shouldn't pay them because no one does (this uncle doesn't have an undergrad degree and probably doesn't run with anyone who does either). I owe enough in interest that I don't want to defer or take one of the payment plan options where they screw you for even more interest. I hate that being responsible gets you screwed regardless because irresponisble people get help. I sound like a republican :laugh:

What I meant to say is that I completely agree with that letter!
bluegrassg8r

Student loan bailout

Post by bluegrassg8r »

I'm going to borrow every single dime I can for my degrees, leverage that excess into a better life for my family, and then blame the debt on a twin who moved to Lesotho.
Star Kings Forever!